Chapter fourteen: Making new memories

Lucas,1986,Huntsville,Alabama 

These last few months have been actually decent,thanks to Greg. I've always thought Greg was a nice guy but I never saw us being anything more than acquaintances. Especially with Caleb's disdain towards him but now that Caleb's out of my life, I really don't give a shit. I always thought Greg had such perfect life, he had money and good looks. In reality though Greg was super lonely, his dad was always working and his mamma was the type to sleep around. He had no siblings either, so he basically raised himself. At least I had a decent childhood unlike him since he had to grow up fast. I never thought I would find someone else besides Caleb that I trusted with my secrets. I was sitting by the school entrance waiting for Greg,the weather too cold for me to wait by the car. Today was the winter formal but since neither of us was in the mood to go. We decided to skip and hang out at his house. 

As I sat waiting by the entrance, I spotted her. Jessica who for once wasn't with Caleb was walking by with sweet, Jennifer. Both we're giggling and whispering, and even though I swore to myself and Greg that I would ignore all things Caleb. I couldn't  help but move closer to hear their conversation, my mind was telling me no but my heart was begging to know. Of course as always,my heart won. 

" So he really took you somewhere special?" Jennifer asks,clear envy in her voice. 

" Yeah a place that he only knows about." Jessica brags. 

A place only he knows about, she couldn't mean..... 

" Yeah it was a small spot in the woods, he told me I was the first girl he's brought there." She says with a smug grin. 

I feel my chest constrict with discomfort at her words. How could he show someone else our spot? We promised we'd never show anyone else. So why would he do this to me? Was it not enough that he had hurt me, that he decided to now damage my memories of us as well. I walk away before I can do something stupid, like curse her out. I showed him that spot first, I wanted to say. I wanted to rub it in, that her boyfriend and I lost our virginity to each other there. We had created something beautiful there, now he  destroyed  it with just one touch. 

I wait by Greg's car, trying to use the coldness to calm my anger. Fine if he wanted to destroy our memories there, I would as well. I would make new memories with someone else. I finally spot Greg, knowing he got held up talking to his coach again. That's another thing I finally did, I dropped sports. Since the only reason I was there in the first place, was for Caleb.

" Hey, are you okay?" He asks with worried expression.

" No, but I will be, after I show you something." I say with an evil smile on my face.

" Lucas, please don't smile like that, you're scaring the freshies." He says gesturing to a group of  baby faced teens, giving us weird looks. 

" Oh my bad, I shouldn't scare the poor children." I say turning and giving them a shark like grin, making them walk faster away from us. 

" You have some serious issues." He says shaking his head at me. 

" Oh live a little, you All American boy." I tease.

" All American boy?" He asks with a raised eye brow. 

" You have the typical, dumb, muscly, hot blonde look going for you." I say laughing.

" You think I'm hot?" He asks smirking.

" Of course you and your big ego only heard the word hot." I say with an eye roll. 

" Just shut up and get in the car." He says laughing. 

"Don't tell me what to do." I huff but get in the car anyways.