12

~Author's Note~

This part is dedicated to @CheyenneandfaithGile: Congratulations love

If you want a part dedicated to you, comment on this part and vote also.

I am doing this part over from scratch, so enjoy.

Ultimatum

Playlist: Usher-Moving Mountains

"Jason you can't do this" I heard soft whispers from downstairs. Jason's voice however was coarse. "And who's going to stop me?" I stopped at the edge of the stairwell so as to not be seen. "You know Alex would" Jason gave a slight cackle looking into the eyes of one of the guys, no other than Ryan Butler. "Really? Alex?" he cackled again "That's your best candidate" he eyed him closely "Your best shot?". Ryan gave him a strange look, one that Jason could have easily figured it out. "You have someone else in mind?" He shook his head immediately and stared outside of the glass doors. "You know me Ryan, you know I won't stop at getting what I want and what I want is to see each and every member of the Taliban remaining dead". The word 'dead' hit me with a immense feeling in my stomach but what actually took my attention away from the conversation between Ryan and Jason was Alex himself as he released a low growl that loosed from his lips. He too was stooped across on the other side of the staircase where he could not be seen. Like I said we were both on the same side. As the conversation continued more intensely the atmosphere around me began tightening, it felt as though the walls were coming closer and closer towards me, squeezing, closing and that's when I almost let out a sneeze revealing our cover but Alex came to the rescue quick enough using his speeding abilities and held his hand to my nose. The sneeze went away at the same time I threw his hand off, that wasn't stopping him from slamming me against a wall at full force out of view.

"Are you trying to get us both killed?" Alex stared at me in a low whisper. "Not that I'm not fast enough" he stated after. I was already annoyed because we were missing  a good portion of what Jason was telling Ryan, his plan to go after the Taliban. I ignored Alex and headed for the door when he pulled me back by the hand. "Hailey do not intervene" he warned "You're going to get yourself killed" Knowing my own gut I didn't want to listen especially to a McCann but on the other hand he seemed like a good guy. McCanns were never good, what am I saying and with Alex I had a hard time believing that.

"HAILEY!!!" I heard my voice being yelled from downstairs. It was Jason's. I ran downstairs at full on speed with Alex behind my heels. He looked at us both weirdly with a smirk plastered on his face and I knew exactly what that smirk meant mainly because my long hair which was always neat was now messy and scattered as for Alex's hair, don't even ask nevertheless let's just say we didn't look appropriate  and very much appealing to Jason's eye.

"Well well what do we have here" he said eyeing us both with Ryan looking on in anticipation. "If it isn't my annoying brother, last time I checked I summoned Hails, what are you up to big brother". The McCann brothers met eye to eye. "Think I'm going to let her out of my sight with you hanging around" Alex spoke with a raised eyebrow. Jason clenched his fists. "I have more interesting stuff to get to" Jason responded.

"Like the Taliban". I gave Alex a glare which he paid no attention to but was instead staring at Jason wanting to rip him to shreds. He looked stunned shaking his head. "Eavesdropping doesn't stand well with me big brother, how much have you heard?" Alex moved closer to me and my mind started to wonder why he made such a sudden move.

"Enough to make me want to strangle the shit out of you. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!!!" he started screaming loudly at his younger brother. This I wanted no part of and neither did Ryan so we made a run for it, well to the kitchen. Their voices were audible enough to hear what their yelling match was about. They went back and forth about their father's death and whose side Jason was really on and the abuse they both suffered, one more than the other. I could tell Alex was in pain but so was Jason.