13

~Author's Note~

I was writing this part earlier, it was going good and I made a mistake and pressed a button deleting everything I had typed so now I'm starting from scratch. Sorry if this part is sloppy. It's tough when you put so much work into something and then suddenly it goes completely to waste. The italicize d words are Hailey's conscience and what she's thinking inside of her head.

Playlist: Ray J- One Wish

"No one gets in, do you understand me?"

No answer

"Hailey do you understand me?"

"Yes, yes I understand"

LAPD Station

Feelings? Alex's words came to me like a blur. Was I dreaming? Was it a scheme that him and his brother were plotting all along? How can a McCann have feelings for an outsider?

My thoughts were interrupted due to the sound of the grill banging, it was Robb trying to get my attention, I was leaving. "You're free to go, Hannah's request". I walked out of the cell without looking at Alex, I couldn't and had left the room. Before Robb could leave Alex had stopped him bargaining for a confession and a release, it was given to him and  he was pleased.

I didn't know of the confession until Robb came into his office interrupting me and Hannah's discussion. There wasn't much to tell her only that at the time I was helping Alex and that was all there was to it, I didn't kill anyone and so she believed. I was careful not to give out anymore information that would conclude any suspicions or get Jason and his gang involved. I was curious enough to know what Alex was going to say, whether he was going to spill all of our secrets and get us caught or save our asses by telling one phony lie to the cops. I was also  scared for myself, if Hannah knew everything she would never forgive me because I'm her blood. Before Robb disappeared I asked him to join in looking on at the confession, he was subtle and let me tag  along. At arrival there was another detective on stand-by, his name was Jack Sullivan, thin with handsome, striking features. It wasn't until lights went out on the outside that I no longer saw them. Robb entered the room, it looked like the exact same one that would see on Law and Order where they interrogate the perpetrator until they go weak and can't fight anymore and that's when I wondered if Robb was going to do the exact same thing with Alex who could careless. He knew what he was doing, at least I hoped he did. What mattered was that both our stories matched, otherwise both of us would end up as dead meat.

Robb slid a chair up close to the table, the two stared at each other and then I noticed Alex was handcuffed, he didn't fight it, he just sat calmly. Jack pushed up a button and Robb turned to the screen for acknowledgement, when he received the nod from his partner, it was time to begin.  My stomach suddenly tightened and pained, it was all curiosity as well as fear.

"This is how it's going to go, I talk and you listen"

"With all due respect I wanted to do this confession, therefore I confess you listen"

"I have the higher authority, you can't do that"

Alex reached out of his seat and neared closer to Robb over the table whispering, not audible for either me or Jack to hear, it was somewhat peculiar.

"But I can" a smirk placed on his lips "You wouldn't want everyone finding out about your late night meetings with Chloe now would you?" Robb looked stunned. "Especially Jodie and with Kylie on the way, such a shame" Alex leaned back in the chair still smirking. It took a while after Robb gave in, he hesitated at first but did what he had to knowing his career was on the line. "Not a word" he spoke quietly. Alex nodded and the confession began.