18

Playlist: Ariana Grande: Ghostin

And just like that Alex McCann was no longer mine, not an explanation

...And just like that Alex McCann was no longer mine, not an explanation. Nothing. The words "It's over" echoed in my thoughts as my heart shattered to pieces watching him walk away from me and returning to the living room where the gang was seated like nothing had just happened. I was too numb to say something, to stop him in his tracks. What did I do? Was it something I did? Were we not meant to be together? I had suddenly felt empty standing in the kitchen watching him on the couch talking and goofing around with the boys including his own brother. Did Alex have any remorse for what he had just done to me? Did he even care? Did it mean anything to him? What was the whole trip for? Why did he get fake ID's? Why did he risk his life to protect me? Why did he save me over and over again instead of leaving me to disappear from this pathetic world? What was his sole reason? Was I just not good enough for him? I wasn't for Blake... Blake got taken from me. Why did I ever think being with a McCann would get me far or that it would last? God I'm such an idiot for thinking we had something. I looked around the room. Jason was laughing with Ryan and Chaz, Khalil was dancing, Chris and Kaden were joking around with each other, Ryan joined in on the fun and Alex appeared somewhat lost in his thoughts. Was he really hurt or was it just an act knowing I was at a stand still watching him, wondering.

"Hey Hailey" I heard a voice shout. It was Ryan. "Come over here!" he yelled looking at me. The boys looked in my direction, everyone except Alex, his posture was slouched and his eyes focused on Jason who was also looking in my direction but said nothing. I was expecting him to be yelling or shouting profanity by now and being his bossy self as usual but there was none of the sort. The gang all stared expecting me to head over to where they were but instead I stood still

"Hailey are you okay?" Ryan asked concerned. Jason looked at him "Yo why did you care? She doesn't want to come, leave her" his cold eyes glanced at me once more.

Asshole.

Did the gang even need me or it was just all for show. Why was I being held against my own will in the first place if I wasn't getting any answers from Jason? The gang continued talking to each other ignoring me. I zeroed in on Alex, I had enough of looking at him , he was making no effort to give me an explanation. I ran upstairs and grabbed my car keys and ran back down the stairs and walked out of the condo and slammed the door.

Jason looked at the door "Jesus" he spoke in annoyance "What's up her ass"

Alex p.o.v.

I suddenly heard the door slam shut and looked into the kitchen where Hailey once stood, her eyes gaping at me. She was gone.

"What's up her ass". My little brother was obviously annoyed at Hailey's presence, she wasn't participating in whatever hangout the gang had going. It was good seeing my brother lighten up, rare at that. I looked in the direction of the kitchen again zoning out the guys, I didn't care for what they were talking about, girls, clubs, guns, money that type of shit, I had just hurt Hailey. I'm not the type to deal with heartbreak, I never have.  What was I supposed to tell her? Blake wanted me to protect her and that was all I was good for? In my heart deep down I'm not good for her, I wouldn't be of any use or value to her. I'm a McCann we don't love, we don't care, we kill but for some reason I found myself sitting amongst bombing killers with a pain in my chest at what I had just done. I know she hates me for breaking her heart and for not giving an explanation, I'm not good at that stuff. I just hope she returns, she has to.