15

There he was decked in a white t shirt and black jeans, his back turned against me and his blonde hair tussled, untidy, blowing in the wind. Why couldn't I just tell him the truth... why couldn't I just tell him how I felt. Was it all Jason's fault? Did he break me completely? All I could do is stare at hi, he didn't turn around, neither did he face me. He just stood in the wind. I found this awkward and as I was about to say something, nothing came out. No words. Nothing. I decided to step closer to him but he didn't flinch neither move. "I" was all I managed to squeak out and escape my lips "I" was all I kept saying over and over until my eyes were finally opened.

I was dreaming....

Alex and I... we moved from the hotel that we were staying in, he had bought a two bedroom home to fit in. I got up, took a shower, got dressed completely ignoring what I had thought about in my dream. I headed downstairs to the kitchen looking around the room, I saw no sign of him but instead a note and a plate of waffles and eggs on the counter with a note placed beside it.

Good morning,

Thought you would like some breakfast, orange juice is in the fridge.

Alex.

P.S.

Moving to New Orleans kind of blows

So follow the red rose

I laid the paper back down and opened the fridge door and poured myself some orange juice "red rose" I thought, remembering the two-letter word he wrote at the bottom of the paper

I laid the paper back down and opened the fridge door and poured myself some orange juice "red rose" I thought, remembering the two-letter word he wrote at the bottom of the paper. "red rose" I kept thinking to myself munching on the eggs Alex left me, he wasn't the greatest cook, but he was good. After finishing up, I walked around the entire house searching for the rose he was talking about, but found nothing. I even walked out back by the pool but saw nothing but the crystal blue water that was shimmering in the sunlight that surrounded the massive pool. I opened the front door and looked down at my feet. There it was the rose. I picked it up with another note attached to it.

Walk down the block, you'll see a white honda civic

Maybe then you'll find the right lyric

Confused and unsure of what I was doing exactly. I locked the door behind me and walked slowly down the block observing New Orleans scenery, it was indeed beautiful and different from Los Angeles. At the head of the block I spotted the vehicle that Alex mentioned his note.