Chapter Three: Morning High

I woke up rubbing my eyes man I always do that forget I have make up on well I guess I should of taken it off before bed. I opened my eyes fully to find mine and Austin hands entwined I stared at them for a while unsure what to do as I tried to slip out of the blanket but instead woke Austin.

 "Morning" He spoke sleepy his hair all messy and sticking up, stretching his arm out looking down to see our hands entwined. Embarrassed I pulled my hand away standing up. "We are friends you know" Austin said his voice deep and groany from just waking up. "Friends do hold hands" he said sympathetically.

" I know its just weird...." I spoke softy making Austin realize how embarrassed I was. He got up and placed his hands on the back of my arms holding me firmly. "It doesn't have to be" he replied looking into my eyes.

I felt like I was in a trance my body felt numb when Alex woke up. "Hey Cara what's for breakfast?" He mumbled in a sleepy voice making Austin let go of my arms and stand a distance away from me. "Wh- wha- whatever you want" I stammered. "Sweet!" He jumped up running up the stairs. "Cara.... Austin spoke. Lets get breakfast out the way" I sighed disheartened walking up the stairs.

It was the end of the holidays and unfortunately back to school they only good thing bigger crowds less chances of being left alone with Austin. Wed all hung out since that night but I could couldn't shake off this awkward tense between us, why was it even there? Is it just me?

"Ugh school already such a drag... hey Cara you cool?" Demi said chilled. "Sure as long as..." before I could finish Austin joined the other side of me. "You alright Cara?" oh he spoke I swallowed "Yeah all good you?" before he could reply Demi cut in. "OI Cara do you see that? Danny Winters is totally checking you out! who I thought turning round he was cute I guess. "I Umm I'm gonna go gotta be in early first day back and all" intrupted Austin taking Alex with him.

As the last few weeks went past Danny became more persistent bugging Demi to put a good word in for him and to get him my number and or course Demi wouldn't let it lie how I should call him some time but something kept making me feel maybe it wasn't right. Ever since Austin has become more distant claming hes busy and got a lot on his plate I wish he would just talk to me.

We sat down for lunch and when I say we I mean Demi and I once again the boys had ditched us leaving us to sit alone when the lunch room noise came to a holt that's weird. "Cara" spoke Danny standing on a near by table. "Cara babe, hear me out just this once and I promise I will not bug you again" He said sincerely I nodded to let him know I was listening. "I know I have been trying to make attempt's to talk to you and okay maybe they weren't good enough so while I was thinking how I could get your attention I thought of this!" What I thought where is this going everyone is staring!

"Babe I think you are beautiful, I think your sexy, smart and I really really like you please will you go out with me?" he asked pulling out a dozen red roses from behind his back. A group of girls sighed in envy as a chair scraped against the floor I turned around to see Austin walking out of the cafeteria.

"Cara" he asked I bit my lip unsure what to say this was crazy it was so out of the ordinary when I realized he was still standing in front of me. "Yes, yes I will go out with you" with my reply the crowd began buzzing as Danny jumped off the table and held me tight kissing me on the cheek. "I'll walk you to class beautiful" he demanded holding his hand in mine. It felt weird the only other guys hand I'd felt was Austin's oh Austin he walked out I wonder if hes okay?

I sat down for last period everyone was still gossiping about the event that had just happened when Danny walked in siting next to me. "Uhh Danny Austin usually sits there" I confessed. "Aww baby your cute, but wouldn't you rather your boyfriend sat next to you or your best friend who by the way walked out in the middle of me asking you to be my girl" Boyfriend thats weird I thought but I guess he was right Austin could of at least been happy for me!

As I thought of him he walked into the classroom catching eye contact with me talking a step back in surprise, he looked over at Danny noticing he had taken his seat. He clented his jaw pulling his backpack closer to his shoulder. I watched him as he walked past sitting on his own at the back of the classroom what was up with him? 

 As everyone began flooding in the principal made an annoucment. "Girls and Boys good evening. I hope your enjoying your day so far I'm sure especially as it is Friday moving on I know you are all excited about the big event that happened at lunch but I just want to warn you that you are in class now and I will not be having gossip interrupt your education. There is only one lesson left so I'm sure you can managed to keep your thoughts to your self for the time being thank you". 

The mic turned off as I heard Austin sigh from the back what was his deal. "Okay class you head the principal  not talking for the rest of class of course unless its about work, now all of you turn to page 65 we will be carrying on with last lessons work okay now...." the sound of Miss Turners voice faded into the background, I couldn't concentrate especially not now.

The bell went declaring end of class where did that go? I don't think I learnt anything in that lesson! We stood to leave the room Austin and I walked to the door at the same time bumping into each other. 

"Austin! Whats going on with you?" I asked I couldn't help it I had to know. "Nothing why?" He mumbled. "Its just you've been distant recently and today when you walked out I...." Austin interrupted "Why don't you just talk to your new amazing boyfriend" he stormed out the classroom leaving me speechless. "What was that about?" asked Danny nosily. "Nothing I replied. Didnt look like nothing" he added. "Trust me it was nothing lets go" frustrated leaving the classroom.