Chapter Twenty Five: Patience Is A Virtue

Austins Pov

The doctors ran over to the car getting Cara quickly onto a bed, everything around me flew past in a blur. Having been in this situation too many times, I wasn’t planning on losing her this time.

“Mr Mahone I am very sorry but it is immediate family only… you are just going to have to stay in the waiting room!” the nurse nagged placing her hand on my shoulder. “This is bullshit you can’t stop me seeing her!” I shouted running my fingers through my hair aggressively.

“Sir can you come with me we have some questions?” the police officer asked for me to only ignore his request, his radio went off but I didn’t hear what was said I was too focused on Cara… and now the baby too. “Mr Mahone you are under arrest for the assault of Mr Danny James. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do, can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand?” I nodded as he tightened the cuffs around my wrists, there was no point arguing it would only make it worse.

I sighed as they sat me down collecting the papers for me to sign. Shifting uncomfortably in my chair, an officer opened the door pulling a figure out of the room… Danny. “Son of a bitch! Cara is in hospital because of you… and I’m stuck in here only because I beat your disgusting ass!” I shouted pinning him against the wall, I was still stronger than him even with my hands still cuffed.

“Sir let go of the gentlemen, you are only making things worse!” the officer shouted pealing me off of Danny. “How is she?” Danny questioned looking to the ground in guilt. “I don’t know only family is allowed to see her” I growled annoyed.

“Mr James you’re free to go under our circumstances, but we will be back later to discuss the court dates” the officer un-cuffed him handing his belongings back. “What the… but he’s the one who did this to her why are you letting him go?” I stressed shouting my lungs off.

“We are aware of the situation… but we have been also been made aware that the victim is carrying his child. Mr James’s mother has been rushed into hospital, her state is currently critical therefor we are temporally releasing him” he spoke sternly I couldn’t believe the words coming out of his mouth. He’s being released while I’m stuck in here! I was directed into a room where I was asked further questions. Luckily my statement matched the witnesses so for now I am released. I jogged outside where AC was waiting with my car.

“Any news AC?” I asked concerned speeding our way to the hospital. “Were still not allowed in… her state hasn’t changed so far” he sighed unlocking his phone. We finally reached the hospital as I bolted out, racing towards where she was. I could hear shouting which only made me run faster.

“Mr James you cannot be in here, it is immediate family only I told Mr Mahone the same…” Danny is here I won’t let him near her! “What the heck are you doing here?!” I shouted grabbing a handful of his shirt in my fist, pushing him against the glass. “I just wanted to check on her I needed to know how she is” as I was about to reply, a beeping sound went off and doctors went into a frenzy rushing to her aid.

“You two need to go now! Back to the waiting room… if there is any news I will let you know, but you have to let us do our job!” the nurse demanded directing us to the waiting room. I swear the time has stopped, I’ve sat here for what seems like hours. Sitting here bouncing my knee up and down nervously, biting my thumb. It’s always been an awful habit of mine, I usually wear a plaster over it to stop me… Ugh I’m rambling on this waiting is driving me insane.

“Mr Mahone, Mr James” my eyes flickered up to see the nurse opposite me, Danny and I shot up in the sound of our names. She smiled sympathetically adjusting the stethoscope around her neck. “You can go and see her” I ran over to her room to see her sleeping so angelically. I’ve never been so happy to see her in my life.