Chapter Eight : My World Spun Around Me

“Excuse me” Danny spoke his temper rising the anger in his face was visible. “I said Get. Your. Filthy. Hands. Off. Her. You. Disgusting. Piece. Of. Trash.” Austin paused after each word. “Clear enough to get through that thick skull of yours?” he was testing him and Danny didn’t like it one bit.

“I suggest you keep that mouth of yours shut Mahone!!” Danny shouted but Austin’s face stayed straight no fear in his facial expression. I felt scared for him my stomach doing flips I felt like I was going to throw up! My thoughts were running wild there’s was one things Danny hurting but my best friend no that was not allowed!

“Austin!” I shouted trying to fight Danny off me when he slapped me for the hundredth time. I laid on the bed my body stiff like a scarecrow.  Austin ran over “Take one more step you piece of shit and you will regret it for the rest of your life, that’s if you will get to live it” Danny shouted spitting with fury!

 Austin stepped forward one last step standing in front of the bed when Danny stood up a few inches taller. Danny began laughing at Austin as he couldn’t believe he had challenged him, before I could move Austin soccer punched Danny knocking him to the ground. Austin winced in pain shaking his hand he’d clearly never punched anyone before.

Austin ran over to me sitting me up stocking my face to comfort me, when Danny snuck up behind him and punched him. He pulled him to the ground kicking him in the stomach Austin flinched with every hit coughing up blood. “Stop you’re hurting him!” I screeched Danny ignored me once again, jumping of the bed my hand clenched onto the body of a lamp as I grabbing it. It was on the bedside cCabernet, and the only thing in the room I could use.

Without thinking clearly or matter of fact think at all  threw it at Danny hitting him over and over with it smashing it in Danny’s face.

His strong body laid there cold on the carpet not a muscle moved. It had bought me some time as I ran over to Austin holding up his head covered in blood like mine. “I’m so sorry Austin you don’t deserve this” tears spilled from eyes, before I could blink I was up against the wall Danny’s hand around my throat limiting my air supply.

My legs lifted up off the ground and they squirmed around kicking like crazy, as Danny’s grasp tightened around my delicate throat when I heard it. My neck clicked it was a sound I had never heard before, a sharp pain shot through my spine as I screamed out in agony.

“Let her go” Austin voice crocks as he struggles to breath. Alex Robert and Zach all ran into the room shocked at the sight they were seeing. “You disgusting human being” Alex shouted punching him in the face as Danny’s grip let go of me.

I fell to the ground gasping for air as Robert and Demi came over trying trying to calm me down. “Shhh Cara its okay we are here now! We’re going to get you and Austin out of here” Robert reassured me that sounded good as my eyes fell shut.

I woke up but my eyes didn’t open... I didn’t want to open them I was too scared too I wasn’t sure where they would lead me too. “She’s going to be okay mam she was very lucky we managed to stop the swelling in her brain and she escaped huge breakages to her wrists and back, she is going to have to be extremely careful for a while as her neck survived a fatal injury” spoke a man his voice not familiar to me.

“My poor baby what happened to her and is Austin going to be okay?” my mother’s voice reassured me letting me know I was somewhere safe. My eyes fluttered open up reviling the bright light as a groan came from my mouth.

“Hey hunny” Michele’s voice greeted me, Michele oh my god Austin he must be here too as I looked around noticing I was in the hospital.. “He’s okay just badly bruised you had the worst injuries the doctor has advised you wear a next brace for a week or two so no school for a while" my mum spoke. Thank god I thought I didn’t have to go to that hell and didn’t have to see him….

I turned over causing pain all over when I saw Austin his bed next to mine he laid there fast asleep as the machines beeped how could I let this happen to him. What would I say to him when he woke up all this worrying made my head hurt even more but what else was I supposed to do he’s my best friend. And right now we need each other more than ever.