Chapter Twenty Six: It's About To Go Down

Flashback                                                                                                                            -Enough about that jerk let’s get back to where I was… Cara I was wondering if you, if you would be my girlfriend?” his words made my stomach flip in somersaults, was this really coming out of his mouth. 

“I know it sounds really high school, but I don’t want to rush anything I mean technically you’re still engaged. Oh gosh yes you are… I probably shouldn't have asked its just we were having a moment and- I cut off his rant placing my lips onto his.

End

I've been through my closet top to bottom looking for an outfit but I guess this will have to do. It’s been around about a week since I left the hospital, and for now I’m living with Austin and the guys. Were due to go into court today, and it will be the first time I would have seen Danny since the hospital. I’m not going to lie I’m more than nervous about seeing him… I can’t wait for all this to finally all be over.

I walked past Austin’s shoe closet laughing to myself, who really needs so many pairs of shoes! I switched on the radio while applying my last bits of makeup. Guess this is as good as it’s going to get, I chose to wear pants and a sweater with a jacket on top. With all these layers covering me up nicely, you can’t see my bump so easily. We have to be careful with what I wear right now. In case the paparazzi are outside, we haven’t announced the pregnancy yet... and I want the fans to know first.

‘Good morning everyone we have Taylor swift on next with Bad Blood’ the host announced as I reached over turning up the volume. I began humming to myself when I looked at my reflection, I peeked out the doorway no one was around. I spotted a deodorant on the side picking it up and singing along to the radio.

Once the song reached the chorus, I was dancing around the bathroom like there was no tomorrow.

Austin’s pov

I entered the house thankful that the heating was already on, the cold December air was really kicking in. Hanging my jacket on the banister I could hear something coming from upstairs. I made my way up when I caught a glimpse of Cara singing along in the mirror she’s such a dork…

She hadn't noticed so I simply stood watching her for a minute or two, until she caught me in the mirror. “Omgsh Austin how long have you been there?” she stumbled over her own feet, her chest panting nervously.

“Long enough babe you shouldn't be dancing like that when you’re that far along” I chuckled memorizing her horrific dance moves. “Ugh shut up I was just messing around” she blushed hard twirling a piece of her hair. “Well for the record your voice is good I've always said we should do a song together! But those dance moves… let’s just hope our daughter doesn't inherit them” I teased when she slapped my arm giving me a stern look.

I looked down at my phone guilty, I hadn't really been on twitter very much and I felt so bad. At least after all this and the press conference I can tell my fans what’s going on, there trust is what matters most to me.

Cara's pov

We've sat in this courtroom for hours this amount of concentration is driving me insane. “Okay does anyone have any further evidence they would like to bring forward?” the judge questioned only to be returned with silence.

“Alright so we have reached our verdict, Mr James you have been found guilty of violent actions towards Mr Mahone. And although they were not acted onto him, you did in fact commit the crime onto another victim. Threatening the life of an unborn fetus. You also chose not to listen to your lawyer and you indeed did visit the victim during her hospital stay. You have been sentenced to over 6 year’s imprisonment” she concluded leaving the room, Danny shot a glance over to me just before the guards took him away.