Chapter Thirteen: Caught In The Act

In that moment of panic my thoughts running wild what was I supposed to do! I ran my finger though my hair nervously.

With all the energy I had I pushed Austin off the bed as he crashed onto the floor he jumped out if his skin. He had a confused look on his face as he scowled at me.

But when he heard Lisa’s voice he slid under the bed. “Aww sorry hun we wasn’t sure if you were awake” Lisa spoke softly, I smiled in her direction rubbing my eyes playing the role of a sleepy girl who’d just woken up.

“Michele and I are going to get our hair done and thought as it’s our last day here you may want to come with us” she asked walking towards the bed. My heart began to race Austin was so close if she got any closer that was it we were busted. Lisa stopped two feet away from the bed her smile dropped as her head tilted to the side observing me.

“You haven’t seen Austin his morning have you?” her eye brows raised I swallowed the lump in my throat this was it now or never. I knew they wouldn't be mad that Austin was in my room, but I didn't want them to think I was taking advantaging of them letting me stay over. Or worse be disappointed, after all it was Austin who had snuck in insisting on staying. As I opened my mouth to tell her the truth when she cut me off short. “Oh course you haven’t you’ve just woken up duhh silly me” she laughed off waving it off as she walked back to the door.

“He’s probably out for a run or in the shower… if you see him or something tell him there’s breakfast downstairs” I nodded in reply as she walked out closing the door behind her.  A huge sigh of relief flew over me that was too close!

“That was very sneaky you! High five partner we succeeded the mission” he laughed waving his hand in my face. I couldn’t help but laugh at his stupid reaction to what had just happened. I couldn't let that happen again...my thoughts switched to clothes I hadn't brought any for today. “Crap I’ve got nothing to wear” I spoke to myself not realizing how loud I had said it when Austin threw his shirt at me.

“Have mine I don’t need it” I pealed the shirt off my face revealing a smirk on his face as held it in my hands debating it. Why not I thought it would probably end up drowning my petite figure anyway. I walked into the on suite slipping on the shirt I looked in the mirror. I splashed some cold water into my face, thinking to myself if I pull of not wearing any pants to breakfast.

I walked out not thinking about it when Austin sat up off the bed his eyes about to pop out of his head. “Okay its official that shirt now belongs to you! Have you seen yourself in that” he spoke pouting. I ignored his comment walking out the room aware of him trailing behind. “FLAT CAKES!” Austin shouted pushing past me. “Pancakes Austin there pancakes” he shook his head stuffing his face.

Lisa Michele and I just stared at Austin shovelling the pancakes into his mouth when Michele broke the silence.  “Isn’t that Austin’s shirt?” Michele question as Lisa looked at me smirking. “I think it looks good on her she looks cute” she smiled sweetly making me blush. “That’s what I said” Austin interrupted a mouth full of food.

“Aww look at them they’d make such a cute couple don’t ya think sis? You sure there not together….” Lisa spoke crinkling her nose when Austin started chocking punching his chest. Michele ran over hitting his back when he coughed it up gasping for air. His eyes all tear up from the near death situation he stared at me still taken by surprise at Lisa’s comment.

“Should of chocked longer Cara would have saved ya!” Lisa laughed making Austin turn bright red. “Your such a Meany Lisa, there just friends” Michele chuckled.  But Lisa didn’t look so convinced she gazed at both of us in a deep thought. “There more like brother and sister than best friends really” my heart sank as my orange juice fell down the wrong hole causing me to cough.

“Well Cara… that’s your chance Austin help her out!” Lisa turned winking at him he stood there unsure what to do. I stopped coughing when Michele broke the silence. “Lisa leave them alone, we best be going anyway” Michele laughed grabbing her keys from the counter. The door shut behind them when Demi, Zach, Alex and Robert walked in calling our names.

I sighed in relief least I didn’t have to worry about being alone with Austin.  “There better be some seriously hot girls there Austin I’m taking your word on it” Robert shouted raiding the fridge. Austin’s eyes shot straight at me looking for my response when I turned away walking out of the room.

“Well done Robert talk about put your foot in your mouth..” I heard Zach reply. I sat on Austin’s bed staring into space when Demi coughed bringing me back into reality. My eyes meet hers a look of concern on her face. “Penny for your thoughts Cara” she spoke sympathetically a laugh escaped me firm lips.

“Don’t think there worth that much Demi you’d be wasting your money” I trailed off looking out of the open door exposing the landing. I heard footsteps descending the staircase when Zach walked into the room. “Sorry to interrupt but could I have a minute with Cara?” he questioned smiling weakly, when Demi stood up and left the room.

Zach sat next to me at the end of the bed less than an arm’s length away. He cleared his throat his eyes meeting mine as he moved closer to me. “I just wanted to check on you, you looked a little upset earlier and since no one else seems too concerned to even ask I thought I would” he smiled at me sweetly and before I knew it his lips were pressed against mine.

For a moment I almost lost myself when I pushed him away. “Zach no you really shouldn’t do that, we can’t... you shouldn’t that!!” I shouted worry in my voice but he only ignored me leaning in again kissing me once more. His lips glided against mine, as I raised my hand trying to push him away when.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Austin shouted standing in the door frame making Zach finally break away. “Austin” I spoke faintly jumping off the bed running towards him. “DON’T! GET OUT ZACH…..” he demanding anger in his voice as he pointed to the door.  “YOU CANT HAVE WHAT IS MINE!” he shouted in Zach’s face. Austin’s face burned with anger the vein in his neck pulsating.

“Austin” I sighed looking to the floor. “Don’t. Not right now I think you should go home I’ll see you tomorrow” Austin spoke to me his voice calmer. His face turned away from me in disappointment. Zach barged past Austin knocking his shoulder, making him stumble over causing Austin to growl under his breath.

I walked out of the room. Correctly Austin forced me out shutting the door in my face leaving me standing outside alone and broken hearted. I was all alone it wasn’t even my fault I didn’t understand what and why it happened all I knew was my heart hurt. Tears gathered in my eyes making my vision blurry.