Chapter Fourteen: A little reassurance

I woke to the sound of birds singing outside my window reminding me another day has arrived. But not just any day, the day we leave. I moaned at the thought of being on a plane with Zach and Austin hoping we won’t be sat together. I sat up packing a few last things rubbing my tired  eyes.

“Right have yall got passports at the ready?” Michele questioned beaming with excitement as I half smiled waving mine in her direction. We all queued up handing over our tickets boarding the plane. I sighed in relief to see Demi and I sitting together. I looked ahead to see Alex getting comfortable in his seat smiling silly. Austin walked past knocking me with his bag my eyes brows furrowed in fury when he slumped next to Alex placing one earpiece in.

“Ummm your sitting on my seat belt bro” Zach spoke to Austin. “Don’t bro me why don’t you sit with your girlfriend” Austin spoke coldly to Zach looking away pretending he wasn’t standing there. “Grow up” Zach muttered under his breather luckily Austin didn’t seem to hear. “Ugg whatever has gone on between you get over it!” Robert spoke up but they ignored his comment.

“Actually I’m going to go sit with the girls don’t take it personally guys but apart from Robert your kind of annoying me right now…” Alex confessed as he stood up walking over to us a big smile appeared on his face.  Alex fell back into his seat rocking the row when Demi flashed him a smirk great them two clearly don’t want me sitting between them.

“I don’t get what’s wrong with them two, have you heard anything?” I looked at him unsure if I should tell him or not. Demi got up going to the bathroom when Alex started at me still waiting for my answer. “Something happened between you didn’t it?” my eyes widened how did he guess it. “I’m not dumb Cara I see how you and Austin are around each other and everyone knows Zach’s liked you since forever…” Alex trailed on.

What I thought since when has Zach liked me I’m so confused.  “Forget I mentioned it it’s probably best I don’t get involved in your love triangle” Alex laughed nudging my shoulder. Ouch I laughed rubbing my shoulder making Austin turn around at us. The smile left my lips as my eyes fell to the floor.

“What was with those packages this morning Cara?” Alex questioned although I hadn’t got round to open them. “No idea I was too busy this morning didn’t get round to it” he didn’t seem convinced even though I was telling the truth. “And those texts you’ve been getting the last few days that you’ve been so protective over”

“Don’t know what you’re talking about AC” liar I’m a liar I knew exactly who they were from but I couldn’t tell him. Alex’s eyes squinted at me deep in thought “Can we drop it AC we haven’t got long left on the plane and I’d rather talk to you about something nicer” he nodded in agreement placing his head on my shoulder. “Those toilets are gross Cara don’t ever use them” Demi shivered making me laugh what did she expect on an airplane.  Alex’s head shot up at the sound of Demi’s voice what made me smile.

We finally arrived at our hotel the sun was starting to set so we decided after the long ish flight to go back to our rooms. “Okay so Cara I and Demi will go in room 73 and Austin Rob, AC and Michele will go in room 74” Zach bossed around when I laughed like I was going to share a room with him. “Yeah that is not happening Zach” Austin replied laughter in his voice. “Am I the only mature one here? I’ll stay with them to prevent arguments” Alex spoke up he always knew how to solve a situation.

We walked into the room throwing our bags to the floor as I collapsed into the bed my face burred into the pillow. Before I knew it a arm was snaked around my waist I looked up to see Zach’s face I jumped not expecting it to him, in fact wishing it was someone else when I fell off the bed knocking my bed on the night stand. Zach jumped over to me shock took over his face not sure what to do.

I shouted out in pain when Austin ran into the room and pushed Zach away from me. “What did you do now?” he questioned his hand lightly touching my head as I winced in pain. “I’m okay” I sat up slowly Austin’s eyes turned soft melting my heart.

As I stood up Austin placed his hand around my waist to support me as I was a little wobbly on my feet. “I’m so sorry Cara I..I” Zach was cut off when Austin looked over his shoulder. We sat on the edge of the bed when Austin placed his warm hand on my thigh his touch sent electric currents though me. “You’re going to stay with me tonight okay I want to keep an eye on you ill take the floor” he soft voice was like heaven to my ears reassuring me he was no longer with me.

His hand rested on my cheek our eyes locked on each other it felt so long since we’d been close like this. “Hey man you seen my… oh dam sorry I thought you were alone I’m just gonna umm go!” Robert stumbled walking out the room making us laugh.

Night had fallen and Austin had insisted on my sleeping in the bed while he stayed on the floor. “Austin please come sleep up here I feel bad” before I could blink he jumped onto the bed a smirk plastered across his face. “You excited to film your first video tomorrow?” I asked trying to make conversation.

“Heck yeah pretty silly question do you still not want to be in it?” I nodded at his question I didn’t really feel like it but I still was going to support him. “Any night Cara big day ahead Austy needs his beauty sleep” he brushed his cheeks making me giggle. I felt my body relax as I could feel myself fall asleep.

The sound of a familiar voice woke me from my stirring sleep. “Oi love birds get up” a groan escaped mine and Austin’s mouth as the lights blinded our sensitive eyes. “Michele is just next door so I think you should get up!” Robert demanded I looked up to see Austin’s cheesy grin. “You just love cuddling up to me don’t you Cara” he teased as I looked down to see my body pressed against his my hand on his bare chest.