Chapter Twelve: A Cold Breeze To Comfort

The rest of the day had gone surprisingly fast, I told Michele I had a headache which had given me an excuse to escape to my room. I rolled over onto the cold side of the bed reaching for my phone, the bright light shone in my face blinding me. It was 23:00 and I had no messages wow feeling loved right now.

I locked my phone lying flat on my back staring into the darkness, when I heard a knock at the door. It creaked open the handle squeaked as the door opened wide. I sat up unaware who was standing in the darkness looking upon me.

“Cara you awake” a familiar voice whispered it was Austin. “Am now” I moaned lying I hadn’t slept one bit I’ve got too much on my mind. Austin stumbled into my room walking into the foot of the bed. “Ahh jeezus oww!” he moaned jumping in the air. “Shhh you’re going to wake up your mum what do you want?” I spoke holding in my laugh.

“I just hurt myself and you’re more interested in me waking up my mum wow thanks… anyway I was just going to see if we could talk I can’t sleep!” He walked over to me hesitantly now being careful not to hurt himself again.

“I can’t sleep either” I replied as he pulled the duvet open sitting on the bed next to me. “Err what do you think you’re doing?” I questioned confused on what he by his actions. “Getting in bed duhh where else am I going to sleep?” 

“The floor obviously” Austin laughed at my reply when he realized I was serious. He slumped onto the floor mumbling to himself at how uncomfortable it was.  I pulled the duvet over my face covering up how much I was laughing when I realized we were in the dark I’m such an idiot!

“It’s so cold down here, and uncomfortable and lonely and ugg” he broke the silence I my suffocated my face into the pillow attempting to muffle my laugh.  “Cara?” he spoke up but I couldn’t let him know that I was crying with laughter.

A few minutes went by with no words from Austin he must have given up. I closed my eyes snuggling into the duvet when a cold breeze hit my back. “mmm this is much better” Austin sighed snaking my arms around my waist.

I almost jumped out of my skin at his touch what the hell did he think he was doing? I turned around facing him playfully slapping his chest. “You clearly saw it coming; anyway you looked lonely all alone in that double bed!” Austin chuckled. My face turned serious when my lips cracked into a smile.

I turned away from him when his arms snaked around my torso once again. Austin’s face buried into my neck breathing slow hot breaths onto my skin.

I loved being wrapped up in his warm embrace, to feel fragile and protected as he now and again pulled me closer to him. His chest pressed against my back, the warmth of his body entrapping me in a tangle of limbs and kisses.

I every now and then I felt my heart pulse through my chest sometimes feeling his beating in time. That’s what you feel with a true cuddle. I observed every detail as I captured it all into my memories.

A cuddle is a form of communication. It can say things you don’t have the words for or it expresses things you don’t need words for. The smell of his cologne surrounded me.

My eyes began to close giving in when Austin sighed. “I feel so safe around you Cara, I know whenever I am around you I’m a better person” his words melted me heart. As he spoke my hands found his entwining our fingers.

I turned my head slightly to see his face, there sat a smile spread right across it looking like a cheshire cat. A laughed escaped my lips as his smile was weirdly creepy. I looked away from him a smile creeping into my lips as I snuggled into Austin’s chest closing my eyes drifting into my sleep.

I could feel a warm heat on my leg as I stirred in my sleep. “Cara! Cara..” I could faintly hear a woman’s voice calling me from a far. I ignored it when the voice became louder and less patient. My eyes flung open to see arms around my waist stopping me from moving. Austin’s hold on me was tight I tried to pull away as he only held tighter.

 “Cara… wake up!” the voice was now so loud it sounded as if it was right outside the door. If she was to walk in right now and see Austin topless in my bed holding me she would freak out.

By she I mean Lisa Austin’s auntie, she’s such a sweetheart we get along so well but something told me if she was to see this us getting along wouldn’t last so long.

I attempted to sit up only failing in that try; I shoved Austin trying to wake him up. A moan escaped his lips as he mumbled half asleep. “Five more minutes” he replied clearly still unaware of what was going on.

“Get your skinny but up Lisa is outside and she is going to freak if she sees you! I spoke firmly in his ear panicking. Still trying to shake his body off mine.

The door handle clicked turning as my eyes widened Lisa was opening the door about to see what was inside the room…..