Chapter Eleven: Craving The Unexpected

We decided after the long stressful day to all go back to Austin’s. It wasn’t until we left school that Demi and Alex told us they couldn’t make it making it just Austin and I to hang out. Which was nice we could spend some quality time together. No that doesn’t mean making out again that was still awkward.  Neither of us had mentioned it I was almost convinced he had completely forgotten about it.

I laid there silent on Austin’s bed staring at the ceiling daydreaming. My thoughts took control without permission, that was a weakness of mine being left alone just me and my mine. I laid there bored out of my mind. It had been around 15 minutes since he had gone downstairs to get something, when Michele walked past.

“Hey Hun, everything alright?” she questioned a look of concern on her face. “I’m alright just been a hard day, I should get going soon though I need to wash my hair” as I finished Michele walked in sitting next to me. She pulled me into a tight hug as she let go she begun plating a section of my hair.

“I’m sorry everything’s so hard for you right now, but at least you can look forward to us moving away!” she finished the plat as her arm wrapped around me. “Use Austin’s shower while he’s busy he won’t mind!” Michele always knew the right words to say she was like a mother figure to all of us.

She left the room when I made my way to the draws pulling out a towel. I sighed as I saw a picture of Austin and me on his night stand. I smiled at that happy photo we both looked so young and innocent.

I stepped out of the warm shower quickly wrapping the towel around my body to secure some of the heat. I pulled my wet hair to one side running my fingers through it walking back into the room. I twisted the ends of my hair between my fingers as it dripped with water. I slowly examined Austin’s room when he walked in. I had been in here before but never really look closely at what was really in here.

“Oh really, and who said you can stand there naked in my room?” he laughed to himself walking towards me. “Get out! And actually I’m wearing a towel so...” I dragged out the ‘oo’ as he came close his face turned serious. “Is that what he did to you? Jeez Cara its been weeks, it looks like he did this yesterday!” As he walked around me examining all my injures. I shut my eyes forcing the memory out of my head when a tear escaped the corner of my eye.

“Hey hey, beautiful girls like you shouldn’t waste there tears on jerks like him!” he spoke softly his hands cupping my face while his thumb glided across my cheek. “I wish I had got there sooner” he sighed dropping his hands to my hips pulling me close. I blushed at his touched and the thought that I’m still just in a towel!

  “From now on I promise I’m going to be a better friend, I will be here for you more” he voice weakened as his finished speaking. A faint smile appeared on my lips letting him know his words had gone in. “Austin you’re the best friend anyone could ever have, I’m lucky to have you!” He licked his bottom lip slowly. His stare became more intense as his eyes left mine and lowered to my lips.

Austin stared longingly into my eyes; his pupils dilated the colour of beauty I found myself getting lost into them. When he tucked a small piece of hair behind my ear, his light touch stroked across my cheek dropping his hand softy to my jaw holding it there. His grip on my face tighten when he tilted it up towards him allowing a small gap between us.

He leaned in closer I could feel the heat from his skin on mine, his breath lingered on the lips. Austin’s chest was pressed against mine leaving no space between our bodies my heart felt as if it was going to leap out of my chest. I swallowed the lump in my throat when Austin clenched his jaw telling me he was getting impatient. I bit my lip when his eyes returned to mine our lips brushed past each other teasing one another.

I’ve never wanted something so badly before and right now I want to feel his lips on mine. Finally our lips brushed each other’s another time when he attacked my lips. His lips pressed against mine forcefully. He leaned in more taking the lead arching my back pulling my body closer to his if that was even possible.

My head was spinning like crazy as his arms left my back lowering to my bum pulling it to him. “Hey guys do you pizza” Michele’s voice rang in my ears as my lips ripped away from Austin’s my face burning with embarrassment. “What’s going on here?” she questioned her eye brows raised as she folded her arms.

“Nothing, I’m just going to go home” I panicked my eyes scanning the floor I couldn’t even look at her. “No you are not… one you’re in a towel and two you mum called she’s going out of town so you’re staying here for the night” Panic washed over me I had the spend the night with Austin after what has just happened.

Keep your cool Cara I thought to myself you probably won’t even sleep in the same room. He will be up early to go for a jog so I won’t see him I slip out before he gets back. I sighed I didn’t have any other choice Demi was busy and there was no one else I could ask. Tonight was going to be a long night it wasn’t even dark yet. Regret washed over me as I mentally slapped myself for getting caught up in the moment with Austin once again.