Chapter Twenty Four: Clarity

~ “Cara...” his gentle voice broke me out my trance, his worried eyes pierced into mine awaiting my answer. I broke of the eyes contact swallowing hard, scratching the side of my forehead. Clearing my throat trying to push away Austin’s hurtful words crushing my heart, I inhaled a deep breath my eyes locking with Danny’s.

“Danny… I- ~

I stammered nervously, a tear escaped the corner of his eye. “Yes… I will marry you!” I spoke up as soon as those words left my lips his faced glowed. He slide the ring onto my finger kissing me passionately. Once our kiss broke my eyes fell to admire the ring. It was a Tiffany soleste heart, bead-set diamonds surround a striking heart-shaped diamond in this unusual platinum-set design. The diamonds sparkles in the light, it was breathtaking.

“I love you so much…” Danny whispered into my ear softly.

1 Month Later

Where has the time gone? It has just flown by, what a hectic month it’s been. Just when you think you’ve completed something off your list, you then find something else to do. A wedding has to be by far the most stressful thing I’ve planned besides Austin’s surprise party. Austin… still nothing from him, no texts, calls nothing he’s barely been on twitter either. A notification came up on my phone… twitter.

‘GOOODMORNING! Hope you all have a great day know I will love you guys😜❤

I sighed putting my phone back into my pocket, trying to focus on the rest of the invitations getting sent. “Hurry up slow coach I wanna get this stupid glitter off my hands. And you tell anyone I did this and you’re dead” Robert groaned not wanting to help me in the first place. “Oh wait what’s that?” I asked him pointing at his eyebrow. “What?” he panicked rubbing his head making me burst out laughing. His brows scrunched together confused, when he’d realised he rubbed glitter all over his face he clenched his jaw.

“You’re in so much trouble Missy!” he teased rubbing the glitter all my hair. “Stop stop… I’ll never get it out!” I chuckled grabbing at his sides. “Enough with the games children these invitations need to be out asap!” Alex rushed his arms stacked with boxes. “Jeez someone’s got there panties on a twist. You’d think it was his wedding we've been planning.” Robert tormented nudging me with his elbow.

Finally all the invites were out, the date has been set and the engagement party is tonight. I crashed onto my bed enjoying the sound of a quite empty apartment, I turned over about to close my eyes when I received a text.

Hey sweetie just checking in we haven’t seen you around in a while is everything alright? Lisa and I wanna meet you… the usual café are you free? – Michele

I sighed knowing I couldn't get a nap I needed, sliding off the bed grabbing my coat on the way out. I arrived at the café alone when I realized I haven’t messaged Michele back. I quickly sent a reply letting her know I was here, when a familiar face approached me.

“Hey Cara” Camila beamed sitting opposite me placing her piping hot coffee on the table. “Hey Mila… listen again I’m really sorry about that night!” I spoke up embarrassed at the memory. “No no it wasn't your fault. I should have made the move! You were in the good place, and I was still upset over mine and Lauren's break up. I shouldn't have taken advantage of the situation I’m the one who’s sorry” she replied sad taking hold of my hand.

“Anyway enough with the mushy stuff I got your wedding invitation this morning” she bounced around excited a cheesy grin on her face. “Lauren and I are coming together we can’t wait, I've already found the perfect outfit” she gloated trailing on. “So you and Lauren are back together?” I questioned not really sure if that was what she meant.