Chapter Seventeen: A World Wind Of Surprises

It’s been three months since the accident. Everything’s been all over the place, Austin’s been planning his tour while I’ve been stuck indoors recovering. At first Austin wouldn’t leave my side when I got home he took care of me but once he started driving me insane everyone else took turns. Don’t get me wrong I really appreciate him and everything he’s done but sometimes you just need space.

I like it when Demi comes over we just relax and watch films there’s no stress we can just chill. Sometimes you just need some girl time and spending time with Demi is just what I needed.

So for now while the boys have been traveling I have been living with Demi and Danny. Slowly my memory has been returning but only in bits and pieces. So while I’ve been round Danny I’ve been remembering which has been terrifying but we’ve all decided to start a clean slate. All apart from Austin after he confessed he’ll never forgive him which is understandable.

*Flashback*

Austin’s pov

Things have been good Cara’s recovery quick there looking at letting her go home soon.

“Did you hear there seeing when you can go home” once the words left my lips her face lit up making my heart speed up. “Really, ugh finally I need to be in my bed or just to be out of here” she trailed off. She started to look around the room for what I was unsure.

“Darn they took the water away dam nurses” she moaned I sighed giving in. “I’ll get you some hang on” “Thanks” she giggled making me laugh she acts so sweet when she wants something. I left with a smile set on my lips only to drop instantly when I saw the figure in front of me.

“The hell do you think you’re doing here she can’t see you!” my voice was angry letting him know I wasn’t in the mood to deal with his crap. “I got the call telling me what happened and that she wanted to see me so I got the first flight out here!” he stood confidently not showing any emotion to me.

“Well they got it wrong Danny, she don’t know you here! She’s been pretty drugged up so she doesn’t know what she’s saying. So by all means you can leave me” I pointed towards the door clenching my jaw in frustration. “ I know you don’t want me here because of what happened but believe me when I say it’s the biggest mistake I’ve ever made, I’m so ashamed of myself because of it I know I can never say anything to make you change your mind I’m truly sorry for everything!”

His words although genuine didn’t make me feel anything it just made me want to hit him in the face. The fact he’s left it this long to apologize not that it will ever make what he did okay! And for him just to turn up at the hospital, when she’s vulnerable is most defiantly not okay.

“Please just let me see her so I can talk to her you can be there too if you don’t want me to be alone with her” he begged walking towards me. Putting my hands up, stepping back to insure my personal space. He caught on hanging his head down to the floor. “She’s not in a good state and seeing you will just make her worse trust me on this!”

“Because I hurt her right?” he questioned. “No because she doesn’t remember a lot! The crash has played with her memories we are unsure how much she’s lost” a look of concern sat on his face. “Oh I didn’t know no one told me! So she doesn’t remember what happened that night?” the mention of it brought back all the bad memories making me feel sick to my core!

“Do you think she would have asked for you if she remembered?” I sighed not really wanting to argue anymore as I turned away signalling him to follow behind. We walked into the room and as soon as her eyes set on him she lit it. It broke my heart that seeing him brought her so much joy.