13-I Punched the Principal's Daughter

Poster above👆👆☝☝
************************************

Rosie's POV

It has been a few weeks since I told Archie my life story.

He keeps calling me Ace everytime we were in public or with my brother.

He would come over a lot to see David.

I would always see them in the morning cuddling on the couch after Archie was too lazy to go home the day before.

Let's just say I have pictures.

And I haven't gotten another text from "Secret Admirer"

Guess it was the wrong number after all.

I've barely run into Johnathan in the hallways.

Every time I saw him he would scowl or glare. So I would just return it with my good friend the middle finger.

"Ace! Ace! Ace!" Ache kept repeating whip poking my cheek.

"What?" I slapped his hand away.

"Look at this." He held up a poster.

The poster was black with a silver mask in the middle. In big gold cursive letters, it read 'Masquerade Ball.'

"Masquerade Ball?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yes. It's a perfect opportunity for people to not run away from you when you scowl." He smiled.

"Archie, Masquerades, and dances aren't my thing. Who do I look like Cinderella?" I asked rhetorically.

"Not with that hair you don't." He shook his head disapprovingly.

"What is it with everybody and my hair!?" I mumbled to myself.

"Come on Ace we have to go." He nudged my arm.

"You just want to go for the food." I pointed out.

He shrugged. "Can't go wrong with free food."

I chuckled at him. "I'll think about it."

"Well, you better make up your mind quick. The dance is on Friday and you don't have a dress."

"Have you seen my moms closet!? It's like a Bermuda Triangle for clothes. Something always gets lost or found. I'm pretty sure my mom is hiding my long lost turtle in there."

"Why would your mom be hiding your turtle in her closet?" He looked at me weirdly.

"I figured because when he got lost my mom told me Shelly went to 'Fabulous Island' to get rid of all the wrinkles." I put air quotes around 'Fabulous Island.'

"OK new plan for the weekend, after the dance we're going to look for Shelly."

"Hey, I never agreed to the dance." I pointed out.

"But you implied that you would." He smirked.

"I thought we were just talking about my lost turtle!?"

"We are going to the dance and that's final." His tone was like a mother telling her child he can't have any more candy.

I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. "Fine but only for two hours."

He smiled and nudged my shoulder. "I knew you'd come around."

Soon the sound of heels clicking was approaching the table me and Archie were sitting at.

"Well if it isn't the Gay and the Glare." I voice said from behind us.

We turned around and saw Josie and her minions.