32-Ego

Rosie's POV

I woke up feeling refreshed.

I finally got some sleep!

Without getting interrupted!

No alarm, no noise, no Jonathan waking me up for training!

A good night sleep for once!

I looked over at the clock. 10:36 a.m. I guess I didn't sleep in too late.

I got out of bed, took A shower, and got dressed.

I wonder how Jonathan is doing.

After I basically kicked his ass yesterday he sort of disappeared.

I haven't seen him since then.

Maybe a bruised his ego a bit.

That's probably a good thing since the man was way too cocky.

I went downstairs to the kitchen.

Luke and Ethan were sitting at the kitchen island waiting for their food, while Stephany was cooking.

Jonathan was leaning against the counter finishing up his plate of food.

So I guess he didn't disappear.

"Hey, guys." I greeted.

They greeted me back but Jonathan didn't say anything. He didn't even look at me.

"Hey Johnny." I teased.

He still didn't say anything, or even looked at me.

He put his now empty plate in the sink and went upstairs.

"What's with him?" I asked.

"I didn't know you cared." Luke teased then Ethan smacked him upside the head.

"Don't say anything foolish." Ethan scowled. "I don't think he wants her to know."

"Doesn't mean you have to hit me, asshat!" Luke rubbed the spot on his head.

"Know what?" I asked.

"Nothing!" They both said quickly.

"Jonathan is upset because you beat him in front of his whole pack." Stephany said casually, while she focussed back on cooking.

"What!?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"Is that true?" I asked Ethan and Luke.

They shrugged and shook their heads.

"We don't know because he hasn't spoken since yesterday." Ethan said.

"That is so dumb. And why come to that conclusion?" I asked.

"It's a guy thing." Luke spoke. "We hate it when our ego takes a hit to the face, especially when it's in front of other people."

"Well if it's that's the case then I'll just go talk to him." I responded.

"That's not a good idea hun." Stephany intervened. "If there's one thing I know about my little brother is that if you bother him when he's upset it will only get worse."

I scoffed. "Men and their egos."

"She's right. You don't poke the bear. And Jonathan is one mean bear." Luke pointed out.

I sighed. "I'll give him some time too cool off. Where does he usually go during the day?"

"He's usually in his office." Ethan answered.

"For how long?"

"Depends on how much work he has. And considering all the stuff that has happened the past few weeks I'm guessing it's to be a while before he comes out." Luke answered.