Chapter 7 🔥 Welcome Home

This chapter is dedicated to magickgrl. Hi dear. Just wanna say thanks and I'm happy to end this journey soon with you.

➿➰💎💎💎➿➿➰➿➿💎💎💎➰➿

Sirenian Realm. .  .

Daphne was reluctant to go home.

She had no one and nowhere to call home.

For a long time, she had not considered Sirenia as a place she belonged. If desperate times hadn't called for it, she wouldn't even bat an eyelash and stayed back in Phoenicia or even went with Rufus in Demonic Realm.

Now that the thought occurred, why she hadn't? 

"Welcome back, your highness." An envoy was waiting for her upon arrival at the shorelines.

"Thank you," she answered them with a small smile.

Daphne embarked on top of a giant octopus. Stepping on its humongous tentacles as wide as a horse's body, it lifted her effortlessly like a cotton ball and guided her steps towards its head. It's their carriage on land and oftentimes they use giant seahorses on water if formality required it.

The envoys rode on its tentacles with a settee like a horse's saddle while she sat comfortably on a soft cushion inside a small palanquin covered by velvety white curtains that were elegantly clipped on each four corners.

Her brows creased and she frowned at the direction they were heading, it was not towards her home.

"Halt at once! Where are we heading? I would like to head straight home." Daphne barked angrily.

"Pardon, your highness. But, we are heading home." One of the envoys answered. 

"There must be a misunderstanding, I no longer reside at the palace grounds." She insisted.

"You will be enlightened upon arrival princess. Your family has been reinstated." An older envoy explained further.

This only added to Daphne's confusion. She huffed an angry sigh but opted not to inquire anymore. They will soon arrive anyway so she better see the situation for herself . She did hear a new Queen was crowned but who? It didn't bothered her not knowing before, however, it was no longer the case since it was said to be connected to her family.

"We have arrived, your highness." Daphne flinched from the sudden interruption. Her thoughts had wandered off that she didn't even noticed that they were at the palace doors.

Her eyes traveled from the massive silver doors with intricate swirling patterns to the skyhigh red walls that seemed to touch the clouds. She was filled with bittersweet memories. Shaking her head, Daphne cast the thoughts away. Reminiscing was pointless.

"Your highness?" A worried voice tried to catch her attention when she showed no signs of disembarking.

She plastered a practiced smile and stepped down on the awaiting tentacles that will bring her down to the ground. Daphne kissed the octopus goodbye and proceeded towards the entrance which was pulled open by an automatic heavy chained pulley.