Chapter22🔥Kiss of Undying Love

Dedicated to adrianpalmer3705. Hi! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Hope you continue until the end of this installation. Love lots.

Phoenician RealmPresent Time

Phoenician Realm
Present Time

"You mean everyone? Even humans?" Venus asked in a small voice.

Soon, they all stared wide eyed towards the circle when it started to move again. They watched as Queen Mystyq walked towards the inner circle and a new pair was once again chosen—Veron and Deborah. Only three were left in the outside circle. They knew that they were simply out of time.

"I agree. Now tell me, what do I do?" Venus stated in panic without waiting for the reply from her previous question. Her eyes pleadingly looked towards Selaphiel's way.

A look of sympathy fleeted in the elder's eyes, but, it was just for a moment. One perhaps could easily mistaken it as a product of imagination. It came and gone after a blink of an eye. Because an elder like Selaphiel must muster a facade of indifference, in order to do what has to be done.

The Angelicum heaved a sigh while Pearl fell on her knees as she stifled a sob. Venus felt Marcus' hand on her shoulder move, it trailed her arms in a soft caress and finally found her hand intertwining their fingers tightly. She pressed it as an answer for the silent support. She badly needed it. If not for him standing beside her, she must be like Pearl right at that moment... On her knees. Begging and praying to God she never cling on to before. She wasn't religious and God knows she barely prayed and it was that time that she was left no option but pray. Giving her not so great faith a shot. No matter how miniscule her attempt was, she believed that a prayer's still a prayer. It would reach God's ears no matter what and she chose to hang unto that until the bitter end.

"First, you must know that you have our utmost gratification upon knowing you, our balancer. It pains me to be the one to send you on this suicidal mission..."

"Please, cut the crap and get on with it." Venus cut through Selaphiel's monologue with a sour expression on her face. She knew she was being rude but like hell she would believe that suddenly the elder in front of her cared about her well-being. She was nothing but a pawn to them just like everyone else especially her uncle Hadraniel. Besides, she was so tensed that she couldn't even play his mind games anymore. The fact that everyone inside the chamber were dead silent didn't help her nerves at all.

"As you wish," Selaphiel gave her a worried look then continued, "first, you must enter the inner circle and find the tree of life."

"Okay... That doesn't sound that hard. What kind of tree is this tree of life you're talking about and how will I find it? Oh, and how will I enter the inner circle?" Venus tirade of questions made Selaphiel's eyebrow shot upwards.