Chapter 17 🔥 The Elder

Dedicated to SaJires. Thanks for the support dear.

Phoenician Realm-Present Time

Scalia must die...

Three words that shocked those who heard it. How ironic, a moment ago, there was no words that would make them listen. In spite Lord Ronheild's attempts, nothing worked to appease the fear that was starting to claw out of their chests. As panic grew, common sense was thrown out of the window. The result was improbable. Most of them were once closer than siblings. Each of them were role models for being calm and experts in dealing with grace under pressure.

It was not even funny watching the same people who were supposed to be calm and collected bicker. It was almost a hopeless case, everybody ever did was argue endlessly. They were inconsolable to a point that the headmaster himself gave up trying and just left them say whatever they wanted to say even if it was all at the same time. It was a tiresome battle of tongues that no one seemed willing to concede.

Alas, there they were, the next moment was greeted with dead silence.

Who could've imagined that a huge chamber full of different lineage of beings could actually manage to fall into a defeaning silence and remain like that for far longer than a minute?

The discord, blame and misunderstandings were left behind as they all hopelessly stared at Scalia's direction. Obviously, nobody was brave enough to even dare to refute the cruel solution.

Scalia must die... Scalia must die... Scalia must die...

The three words mantra inside Vee's head froze her body into a catatonic state. She was utterly shocked to a point that she couldn't form any other coherent word except for the mantra. Even with great effort, she couldn't even move her head to look at Scalia's direction. Instead, all she managed to do was move her eyeballs to glance sideways. She looked like someone from a horror movie that was terrified to turn around and face the monster that haunts her.

"She must die... For the greater good." Pearl's voice sliced like a sharp sword through the stillness of the chamber.

Chaos exploded as everyone resumed to rant simultaneously. It was like another bomb detonated right before their very eyes. Each of them was strongly and quite stubbornly expressing their personal biased opinions, not even bothering or even at least try to listen aside from themselves.

Not long after, one tiny voice who blurted out another three bold words rendered them temporary speechless for the second time around.