Chapter 8 🔥 New Fire

This chapter is dedicated to yojnaam . Thanks dear. You're the best.

➿➰💎💎💎➿➿➰➿➿💎💎💎➰➿

Witzardian Realm. . .

"Do you like what you see?" Agnus was startled when a voice suddenly spoke beside him.

Queen Mystyq tapped his shoulder lightly after appearing out of nowhere.

"Yes, your majesty. Moreover, the tranquility of the place is what made me liked it best here." The Faerian answered, much to the Queen's delight.

"This is my favorite place too. I often receive outside-the-realm guests here. I tell them that it's for their protection that their powers are undetectable inside this chamber, but the truth is, I'm only protecting my people." Mystyq stated while her eyes drink in the beauty of the place. The wild orchids that she recently added to her collection were blooming already. Its vibrant orangy reddish color was refreshing and yet subtle to the eyes.

"Why is that?" Agnus asked with interest.

"Well, witzardians are after all the infamous 'pull eaters' so in order to void them of any temptation, this solarium chamber was built solely for that purpose. I just didn't anticipate the fact that this place would become my personal chamber of solitude."

"Hmmn, solarium. Interesting." Agnus replied, his gaze travelling towards the solid brick walls and ceilings.

Mystyq chuckled, "Oh, that?" She remarked, following his trail of vision. "This chamber is magically enhanced with the sun's energy and light. In here, all day and night is as refreshing as the sunrise in the morning. Crafty, isn't it?" Mystyq gave the informations with pride.

The Witzardians were a clan with very rich and interesting culture, people and craft. She always believed that they were the most interesting magic wielders among all the realms, if only, they were not considered as taboo. If only, they were not feared and avoided like plaque.

"It's — magical." Agnus agreed in awe.

He recalled the time before he came in that realm. It was after the council meetings were done at the Academy. Queen Mystyq didn't waste time in approaching him and claimed her rights as her Aunt the same way she just claimed herself before as Vee's mother by magic. With nowhere else to go, he agreed, and of course, it goes without saying that he wanted to know more about his mother as well.

Agnus was pulled back from the trip down his memory lane when Mystyq spoke again, "Cassia loved it here too. She often stay here for hours whenever she got tired of all the lectures and sermons that a heiress to the throne must do. She despised it. All she wanted was to be with the man that she loves — " Mystyq pauses then looked at Agnus with a tender gaze then said, " — your father."

Agnus stared at Mystyq just in time she shifted her gaze away from him and fell into a deep thought. She had a far away look in her eyes when he asked, "Did you meet him? My father, I mean."

"No. Their love was forbidden."

"W-what happened after?" He asked with dread.