Chapter 20 🔥 One Option Left

Dedicated to plee10. Hi dear. It's better late than never. Thank you so so much.

Faerian Realm50 years ago

Faerian Realm
50 years ago

Cassia found herself lingering over Faerian Castle then she saw herself on one of the guest rooms crying her heart out. If she remembered it correctly, it would be the same exact time after she gave birth to her son. It was the time that she thought her son died. Sylvanna brought her there to recuperate.

What in Phoenix world is this?

Cassia tried to shout the moment she realized her odd situation. She gasped a soundless gasp when no sound came out of her mouth.

I'm a ghost! I died! I can't die, not yet!

She panicked, thrashing and trying to push herself down the floor to no avail. She remained floating a good ten feet above ground invisibly looming over her past self.

"Cassia? May I come in?"

Her hysteria practically stopped when she heard Sylvie's voice called out after knocking twice.

"Come in." her past self croaked.

Cassia grimaced at the sound of her voice. It was nasty.

The door opened and Sylvie came in. Cassia recalled it to be the Faerian Queen's first visit. Then again, she wondered.

Why am I seeing this?

"Don't you want to go out to breath some fresh air?" Sylvie said walking towards the window, pulling the curtains open.

"Close it. I don't want to go outside." Past Cassia croaked again, covering her swollen red-rimmed eyes with her hand. She was used to the darkness already, the light hurt her eyes like needles pricking her eyeballs.

"If you don't want to come out, at least, look out of the window. I gave you a room with the best view of my garden." Sylvie smiled warmly at her, ignoring her previous statement.

The floating Cassia yelped when all of a sudden her body moved towards the window. She wasn't in control of her body and she was starting to feel helpless and scared.

What's the meaning of this? Am I really dead?  She silently asked again.

Even if she was terrified to find out the truth, she pushed herself to check her weightless body. Her eyes widened.