Chapter 15 🔥 The Betrayal

This chapter is dedicated to AlexaSN.

➿💎➰💎➿💎💎💎➿💎➰💎➿

Phoenicia - Present Time

"Venuscha."

The name rolled off his tongue with a bittersweet taste to it. Relief was evident on his face laced with worry and stress. His eyes were glued to her hunched back as she sat on a stool beside the bed. He forced himself to tear his gaze away from her and gasped to see his unconscious son.

"W-what happened?" Lord Ronheild asked in trepidation. He couldn't find the will to move his feet forwards, dreading to hear the worse of the outcome. Aldrik looked pale and lifeless. His son was barely breathing.

Venus stopped sobbing and straightened her back before she turned around and faced her master. She plastered an uncertain smile on her lips without drying her face from tears.

"We have a lot of things to discuss like right now." Venus said just in time that Marcus appeared beside the headmaster.

"Go on." Lord Ronheild spoke in a clipped tone. His eyes never left his son's face. He was contemplating all the bad scenarios inside his head.

"Aldrik is the perfect vessel."

Venus declared straight to the point. Her lavender orbs were observing the man in front of her keenly.

"Oh. Okay." Lost in his own thoughts, the headmaster prompted a monotonous reply. He was looking at his son absentmindedly.

"Master, Aldrik is the perfect vessel." Venus repeated with emphasis making Marcus flinch.

"Okay, he's the perfect-" Ronheild stopped mid-sentence as the words finally sunk in. His eyes bulged and his head automatically snapped towards Venus' direction to confirm the truth behind it. "P-perfect vessel?"

"Yes." Venus confirmed without breaking their eye contact.

Ronheild's expression changed from shocked to disbelief, his eyes flitted between Aldrik and Venus.

She waited patiently for her master to absorb the shocking news. The whole chamber was blanketed with silence.

A red flame appeared beside Lord Ronheild when he finally spoke again, "That is impossible! It couldn't be. Aldrik was training for years but couldn't even upgrade to a blue level." He huffed an angry sigh then continued, "Perfect vessel? T-that's- That's absurd."

Master Xerxis inhaled sharply from beside him after hearing his words but remained silent exchanging awed looks between Venus and Aldrik.

"Beats me but he is the perfect vessel, I swear." Venus said again trying to be convincing but from the looks of the two masters, she was obviously failing. Ronheild was muttering and stuttering to himself while Xerxis jaw fell to the ground. If it was any other time and not a desperate moment, Vee could have bursted out laughing from their reactions.

"Anyway, it's not the important part. We need, I mean I need to wake Phoenix up but I don't have any idea how." Vee continued without waiting for the two to snap out of their stupor.