Chapter 13 🔥 Bitter Truth

This chapter is dedicated to MbaliMakhoba. Hi dear. I know you're taking your time on reading this. Hope you can catch up soon. Thank you so much.

➿➰💎💎💎➿➿➰➿➿💎💎💎➰➿

Phoenician Realm - Present Time

"The rays move again!" One of the Masters shouted, pointing to the circle.

Everyone's hushed conversations halted at once as they all turned to watch another rhytmic and frenzied dance of the rays. As expected, it soon died down and focused to a new pair of beings inside the circle.

Queen Deborah and Princess Daphne Aqua Medomiqra.

They all stood idly by and watched with aprehension when Princess Amelia walked limply towards the inner circle.

Another one had succumbed to her fate.

"There must be something we can do. Pearl, please tell me." Vulca almost begged in despair.

Pearl only managed to shake her head 'no' in reply. With tears relentlesly pouring down her cheeks she spoke, "Only Venuscha can save them now. With or without the perfect vessel, that child can sacrifice herself in exchange of all the lives inside that circle."

Collective gasps echoed throughout the chamber and soon enough, a new set of suppressed mutterings and speculations erupted amongst them.

"Enough!" Lord Ronheild commanded. He turned his head towards Pearl's direction and asked calmly, "Can you please elaborate on that matter? What exactly are the options?"

Pearl cleared her throat and answered, "There are two options which involves Venuscha's decision. Only Venuscha." She pointed out specifically while her eyes were solely fixed towards the circle's direction.

Her listeners waited eagerly for her to continue. Nobody dared to interupt. It was either out of fear or dread.

For a brief moment, Pearl tilted her head slightly like she was contemplating or hearing something,  before she continued and said, "Venuscha could either bring the perfect vessel and do the extraction as prophecised, or for the lack of better word, sacrifice herself in exchange for their lives." She finished the sentence, again, pointing to the circle.

"You hesitated for a moment. What was it?" Ronheild asked curiously. He had a peculiar inkling when he saw her tilt her head sideways earlier as if sensing something unforseen.

"I sensed— " Pearl answered but stopped herself at mid sentence.

"Sensed what?" Vulca demanded when Pearl paused longer than necessary.

"— No. Never mind. I shouldn't give false hope when I'm not certain." Pearl stated. She seemed to be reasoning out to herself rather than directly addressing her audience.

"Pearl, a false hope is all we got. I will have that kind of hope rather than holding on to nothing at all." Ronheild persuaded her.

"It's just that. . . For a moment, I thought I sensed Venuscha." Pearl's answer earned another round of collective gasps.