Chapter 1

The valley song, I remember it like it was yesterday.

The first day. Music assembly. Katniss with her red plaid dress and her hair in two braids instead in one. The valley song. The birds stopped singing.

I smiled into myself. Katniss continued to smooth my hair with her thumb. She adjusts herself slightly, bringing her lips down on my hair. "I love you" she whispered

"I love you too" I told her, I leant my back against the counter, feeling Katniss' legs wrap around my waist, her hands draped loosely over my shoulders., she buried her face into the crook of my shoulder, her lips pressed lightly against my neck, I felt her exhale slightly, I groaned.

We stayed like this for 10 minutes, until the beeping from the timer finally broke us apart, I quickly set dinner on the plates, bringing them over to the table, she gripped my hand on the table, struggling to get the last bite on her fork. Katniss and I went into the living room, I watched the latest episode of Cake Boss, while Katniss snuggled up to me, silently reading. She placed her bookmark in the page, set the book on the coffee table, and wrapped her arms around me, resting her head on my arm, tucking her feet up.

It was just when the credits began to start, that I noticed Katniss had fallen asleep. Without a word, I scooped her up, and carefully carried her up the stairs.