Chapter 24

Katniss' POV

I heard he door swing open, I felt two rough hands grab me pulling me out of the trunk, my neck and leg were stiff from being cramped up. I was in district 9. I only knew that because the house I was shoved into was opposite 'District 9's Market'

Daylight was starting to arrive, but no one was up yet.

I was dragged across the bottom floor of the house and pulled into the basement. Great.

The last thing I remember was hearing the click of the handcuffs as I was handcuffed to a rusty pipe on the wall, and the thud of the heavy object hitting me on the head.

-------------------------••• ------------------------•••----------------------•••------------

I woke up in a daze, bringing my free hand up to my throbbing head, I was dizzy and lightheaded, and I could feel the dry blood.

I let out some sound which sounded quite a bit like a dying animal

"I keep telling you, I don't know who the girl was, she said she was in the mafia and wanted to check for stolen goods" one voice that was slightly familiar said.

"Seriously, what if they find us?" Another extremely familiar voice answered "she needs to be awake first"

"She is awake"

"Do you think she understands us yet, that's quite a head injury you gave her, you could have killed her, you could of killed the love of my life"

Wait what!

"Well, I didn't, she's awake anyway"

"You could of gave her brain damage" the one that sounded the most familiar said, kneeling down and stroking my head.

I wanted to move, but right now I couldn't, I tried to move my arm again, but it was paralysed. God I'm dizzy.

"Well, news flash Gale. I didn't, she'll be fine, I already told you that"

Gale!

I tried to sit up again. And to my surprise it worked.

"So you're awake then" Gale asks

"Wait, what? Huh?"

"You're awake" Gale repeats.

"Yeah" I answer slowly. "I guess I am"

I wish I wasn't, I was finding it hard to concentrate. Everything was distorted.

"I sent Rory to rescue you"

"Who's Rory? Oh wait, never mind, your brother. What do you mean rescue me?"

"To save you from him"

"Who's him now? I've been perfectly safe, I just want to go home"

"We had to save you from Peeta"

The mention of Peeta's name brings me to my senses.

"What about Peeta?" I asked

"We know what he done to you" Rory answers after an awkward silence

"So what's he done then? Because he sure as hell hasn't done anything"

"We know what he's forcing you to do" Gale replies calmly. "But I can still save you from him. From it"

"He hasn't forced me to do anything, and if you think he has, please enlighten me" I snapped

I felt my phone in my jacket pocket, which must have fell in when I was struggling against Rory.

I only had a little bit of battery, I knew that. I also knew that Peeta probably wouldn't have his phone near him. I knew him and Johanna were looking for me, I'd received a number of texts from her when I turned my phone on in the car, but of course I had no signal there