Chapter 30

Katniss was 8 and a half months pregnant now, and I could hardly contain my excitement anymore, we'd already picked out a name. It was September now, and we were due in October!

Willow Ivy Mellark.

Katniss and I liked the nature theme.

Thankfully, we didn't get any bother from any Capitol weirdos due to the fact that Effie went on TV with Caesar about 4 months ago and stated that we'd apparently tricked her and had only just told her the truth, and that she was very upset with us. (Her manners were appalling, she was lying on public TV)

Katniss and I joked about this when Effie came round a few weeks ago. She was staying at Haymitch's house for the next month as she wanted to see the baby when it arrived. (God love her. Staying with Haymitch must be terrible) Annie and Finnick Jr. had the same idea and were staying at Johanna's. (Poor them) so our little baby will sure have a warm welcome.

However, Katniss was terrified. She was terrified of the birth, and how she wasn't going to be a good mother.

I took my time explaining to her about how she will be a good mother, explaining that she looked after Prim so well and that she'd be great.

I struggled to think of a way to assure her off giving birth, but I couldn't really think of anything.

"I won't leave your side, I promise. I'll be there. It'll be fine" I told her

"Really?" She asks

"Really" I say, but I think I might be lying. I'm just as terrified as Katniss. I know she'll be a good mother, it's not that. It's just, she's going to be in a lot of pain giving birth, and I don't like to see her hurt. And I'm scared.

I try to push the thought out of my head.

I wrap my arms around Katniss. Turning on the TV and trying to block out my thoughts. It's useless, so me and Katniss head to the kitchen.

"We should go out later. It's really nice out" Katniss says.

I look out the window, and sure enough the sun was shining.

"Yeah sure" I replied, poking my head inside the fridge.

"Peeta!" Katniss exclaims

Do you want something?" I asked gesturing to the fridge, unable to think of what else it could be

"No." She says. "The baby's coming!"

Oh shit

Authors note: asdfghjkl! ermagawd!

So, did you enjoy, let me know in the comments.

Vote

Follow

Comment

&

Share