Chapter 28

I woke up slightly later than usual. I knew so etching was wrong, I heard the water running from the bathroom, but who could it be, there shouldn't be anyone in the house. I sat, paralysed with fear in the bed.

She came out of the bathroom, wearing only a towel, the only light coming from the lamp beside me.

"Why are you here?" I asked, emotionless

"Peeta, what's wrong?" She questions

Suddenly, I'm running straight at her, pinning her up against the wall, cutting off her air supply.

"You're a mutt!" I scream "you killed my family"

She struggles against my grip, I know it's useless, I'm not letting go.

Her face is starting to go red due to the fact she can't breathe. Good.

She grabs my free hand with both of hers, forcing it to her bare stomach (the towel had now fallen off) I feel the bump.

"Peeta, it's not real" she wheezes "I love you"

I feel the bump, the bump on her stomach.

I ponder the question in my head for a while 'is she pregnant?'

It takes me a while to figure out that she is pregnant, and that, by killing her, I'd also be killing her baby, I feel bad for a second, until I realise that this unborn child is half her too. Half evil.

She's starting to go limp now, fighting unconsciousness she gasps. "Peeta, I lov-, I love you"

Shit.

She's telling the truth.

She loves me.

I love her.

The baby is mine.

I let go of her throat. She gasps, taking in as much air as she can.

"I'm so sorry, Katniss" I wail, tears spilling over.

I lift her gently, setting her on the bed before sitting down beside her.

"I'm really, really sorry" I tell her, starting to choke on my own tears.

She brings her hand up to my face, wiping away my tears with her thumb.

Seeing that this is useless, she gently pulls my head towards her chest.

I bury my head in her bare chest, listening to the clear, but loud sound of her heart beat.

"Shh, Peeta. It's not your fault. It's not your fault"

"I could of killed you" I cry, bringing my hand to her bump, I continue, "or her"

"Peeta, we're fine. And it still wasn't your fault Peeta"

I sniff, trying to dry my tears, it isn't working.

"Look at me" she demands.

I reluctantly bring my face up, looking at her, she rests one of her hands on the top of my arm. I can hardly see her through my tears.

"Peeta" she whispers "this isn't your fault. I love you"

She tries her best to stop me crying, but seeing that it isn't working, she leans forward and connects her lips to mine.

My arms, instinctively go to the back of her neck, my fingers lacing through her hair, I quickly remove my hands, exploring all over her naked body as she struggles to get my boxers off.

I bring my lips to hers again. Before climbing on top of her, and slipping inside of her. She moaned, as we quickly got into rhythm together.

"I love you" I groaned

"I love you too" she panted. "forever and always"