Chapter 2

I was out in the woods with Katniss, I think we'd decided to have a picnic or something. I closed my eyes, soaking up the golden sunbeams.

Something didn't feel right. We should have left when I had the feeling, but we didn't.

We sat in the middle of a large clearing. And that's when he showed up.

Antonious.

The guy that tortured me.

My arms wrapped around Katniss. Protecting her. Shielding her.

He said something, but I couldn't quite make it out. And that's when I heard the bang, I whipped around, only to see Snow shoot a gun, I couldn't move. I was frozen.

The bullet found Katniss' chest, and she fell to the ground, surrounded by a pool of crimson. She was dead.

I started to scream, not out of anger, but out of horror. Screaming. Crying. Screaming. Crying.

And that's how I woke up. Screaming and crying.

"Peeta?" Katniss asked, stroking my face with one hand, placing her broken hand on my back. I caught her good hand in both of mine. After a minute, I let go. Katniss wrapped her arms tightly around me. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked. "You. . . You died" I sniffed. She squeezed me tighter. "I'm here, shh, shhh Peeta, I'm here, it's okay. It's okay"

She took one hand out of the hug, placing it on my chest. "You've calmed down a bit" she stated, before pressing both her lips to the side of the neck.

"I love you" I said, sniffing back my tears.

"I love you too" she whispers "forever and Always"

Did you enjoy it?

Vote

Comment

Fan

Share