Chapter 25

Katniss' POV

My head hurt. Well that was an understatement, it felt like I'd been hit by a truck. I didn't want to wake up though, because I knew where I was. I was in Gales basement in district 9, chained to a pipe. I wanted to stay asleep, in this blissful place. But of course, you can't always get your wish.
I was now completely awake, my eyes still shut, but I could now feel the extent of my sore head, I groaned.

"Katniss?" I heard a voice ask

I couldn't recognise the voice yet, but I already knew who it would be, I wish I was back home. But unfortunately, I was still in District 9. I could hear people outside the window, talking in district 9 accents.

I could feel someone's arms around me, I wanted to move, I really did, but I was paralysed, my eyes opened, but I was still unable to move or recognise who was beside me.

"Katniss? Katniss, can you hear me?" The voice said again. I felt their hand slip inside mine.

"Please Katniss, squeeze my hand if you can hear me. I'm really worried here, please." I looked up my vision was starting to become more focused, I could make out the blonde hair of the person leaning over me, the rest of their face started to become focused. Peeta.

I tried to squeeze his hand, but I couldn't.

"Please Katniss" he begs.

I put as much strength as I can, in an effort to close my hand around him, but my blood felt like liquid lead. I managed to move my fingers after 30 or so seconds.

"Thank god" Peeta cries

He slowly helps me into a sitting position, the movement helps get my blood flowing.

"Don't cry" I whisper

"Oh Katniss" Peeta exclaims. "I was so worried when I woke up and found out you were gone, I should of woken up when it was happening"

"Peeta, it's not your fault. I didn't even wake up until I was half way down the stairs."

"But it's my job to protect you" Peeta complained "You're fragile, and you're pregnant, that's two very important reasons" he says putting his arms around me.

"Peeta, you did a great job, you found me quick enough"

"I should of stopped it happening in the first place"

I grabbed his face, gently pulling it up to mine. I looked into his eyes, wiping his tears away. "Please don't cry" I told him

I stroked a bit of his blonde hair, before planting my lips firmly onto his. I pulled away for breath, still stroking his hair.

"You always know how to make me feel better" Peeta whispered

I kissed him, more passionately this time. "Forever and always" I mumbled