↳ Chapter Two

Sunday Morning
I woke up to the obnoxious sound of my ringtone.

"Hello?" I groan turning in bed to see my cat curled in a ball still sleeping. Must be nice.

"Elyse, are your still sleeping? For heavens sakes it's already noon and you're barely waking up-" My Mom ranted, I pull my phone away and glanced at the time. It was barely 10:02am.

"Mom, it's only 10AM" I say emphasizing the AM.

"Get ready we have a meeting at the Coopers house. I'll pick you up in 15." My Mother states before ending the call not giving me a chance to say a word. I groan in frustration and roll out of bed slipping on my slippers.

I glance at my phone so see I still have two minutes left, I usher into the kitchen popping in cinnamon waffles into the microwave. I quickly throw my wet hair up into a bun and grab my bag filled with my necessities.

A car honks outside, I quickly take the cinnamon waffles out the microwave and rush out the door locking it behind me.

I hope in the backseat due to my sister sitting in the front. "That's what you're wearing?" My sister scoffed glancing up and down at my outfit. "Mom she's going to humiliate us!" Bethany groans from the passengers seat.

I sat there in shock, I glance down at my outfit

I sat there in shock, I glance down at my outfit. I thought I looked cute considering I only had like 5 minutes to get ready.

"Disposable plates?" My mother scoffs in disbelief looking down at my waffles. "Why? Hasn't your father bought any real plates?"

"He does, I was just in a rush. I mean considering I only had 15 minutes to take a shower, get dressed and make breakfast." I retort pointing to my wet hair, outfit and then plate.

-

"Riverdales best and brightest" Alice welcomes everyone as we all sat in her large living room. Bethany and I stood on opposite ends of my mother between Sheriff Keller and Fred Andrews.

"Alice, thank you for hosting." Mayor McCoy says with a pleasant smile.

"Of course, Mayor McCoy. When I hear what happened at Nick's party, I decided that we should come together to deal with this motley crew of liars, dope-fiends, and fornicators." Alice states looking around the room. "Except for my Betty, who was smart enough to leave the party before it descended into a bacchanalian free for all."

"Oh, my god. Mom, please don't." Betty mumbled looking down at her hands.

"Oh great, here we go. Saint Betty and Succubus Veronica." Veronica whispers loudly towards Archie.

"What am I doing here? I didn't attend the party?" I whisper to my mom before being shushed. Did Bethany go? Is that why we're here?

"So, this is for clarity, Alice. You're hosting this littler get-together to what? To gloat? Is that it." Fred continue as I focused on the conversation across from me.