↳ Chapter Nineteen

"We don't want to get you in trouble, babe. We understand if you can't come," Toni reassures Elyse giving a light squeeze on her shoulder. 

"No it's okay, I mean whats the worst that can happen?" Elyse shrugs her shoulders.

Sweet Pea wraps his large, strong arms around Elyse's waist before tossing her over his left shoulder. A small squeal escaped her lips and a chuckle from the two other serpents who stood behind.

"Sweet Pea, really?" Elyse squirmed trying to lift herself off his body, "You know, I can walk!"

"I know you can princess, but now I have a better view." Elyse stayed in silence for a second questioning what he meant before he smacked her ass with his free hand.

"Sweet Pea!" Elyse's face was now a crimson shade of red, hidden behind her hands. Fangs and Toni shook their head in amusement, carrying their own conversation.

The three serpents walked down the hall, were now away from Weatherbee's office. Fangs and Toni were both happy that Elyse brought out a side of Sweet Pea that they've never seen; she made him happy.

A camera shutter alerted Elyse's attention; Elyse peaked through her fingers to see Toni smiling at the recent picture she took on her phone.

"Won't you look at that," Toni proudly flashed her screen towards Fangs to see.

"Oh no," Sweet Pea stops in place and the other two did the same. Elyse felt his body stiffen underneath her, everyone remained silent.

"Elyse Pierce, where do you think you're going young lady," A familiar voice spoke.

Sweet Pea hesitantly planted her down before taking a step back.

"I spoke too soon." Elyse took a deep breath before cautiously turning around.

"Did you honestly think that I wouldn't find out?" My mother sighs in frustration, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Hey Mom, what are you doing here?" Elyse nervously chuckles looking down at her own two feet.

"Principal Weatherbee called me in: To inform me that one of my daughters have been skipping school. Clearly, now I know who it is." My mother harshly spoke, eyeing the serpents who stood behind me.

"You think it's me? Of course, I'm not surprised." Elyse rolls her eyes in disbelief, "You, clearly, don't know where Bethany is."

"Bethany is in class unlike you; who is skipping classes to be with these people. Now let's go, we've got someone waiting outside."

Amanda, Elyse's mother, reaches forward to grab her daughters wrist. Yet, Elyse quickly yanks it away, only to trigger her mothers anger.

"Bethany just ditched school with Mantle! Why don't you go yell at her."

"Because this isn't about Bethany, this is about you, Elyse. Now let's go, I'm not going to repeat myself."

"No, I'm going to class." Elyse turns around to walk away, but before she could take a step she is stopped by her mothers harsh grip on her forearm.

"No? You don't get to speak to me like that." Amanda barks tightening her grip on Elyse's forearm.

"Ow, let go." Elyse gasps in pain.

"Ma'am, please let her go, you're hurting her." Toni steps forward, reaching toward Amanda's hold on Elyse.

"Can it you sleeze," Amanda snarled.

"Mom!" Elyse gasps at her mothers language.

Sweet Pea and Fangs rushed towards Toni and Elyse before anything else can escalated.

"What's the hold up?" A deep voice spoke from the end of the hall.

Immediately, Amanda let go of her hold on Elyse's forearm and plastered on a fake smile; meanwhile, Toni takes Elyse into her arms.

"Who's that?" Sweet Pea spoke up, crossed his arms against his chest.

Elyse's face drained of color as if she saw a ghost; her heart sunk in her chest whilst memories flooded her mind.

"This is Stephen," Elyse's mother proudly introduces, "Elyse's boyfriend from California."

Elyse opened her mouth to explain herself, yet nothing came out. Everyone remained silent. Fangs noticed the giant who stood next to him was clenching his fists and shooting daggers at the boy who stood at the end of the hall; he knew this wasn't going to end well if they didn't abort.

Fangs patted Sweet Pea's back and pushed him towards the opposite exist.

"Let's go, Topaz." Fangs commands as the two boys walked away.

"So that is the famous, Sweet Pea? I guess desperate times call for desperate measures." Stephen chuckled, earning a death glare from Elyse.

Toni gives one last glance towards Elyse before rushing towards the two boys without saying a word.

A/N Hey loves, I've miss you all so much! Based on the last update, Im going to continue this book! Thank you so much for all the love and support! I appreciate you all so much, I just want to make you all happy! I'm sorry if this update is short or all over the place but I tried, it's been so long since I've written so I truly apologize if this update sucks. Good news: I have a week off for break! My Goal: Update a minimum of five chapters this upcoming week! Anyway, stay tuned.