↳ Chapter Eleven

It was midnight, Sweet Pea offered to take me out wanting to switch it up. We spent most of the day at the Whyte Wyrm with the others. Wanting to get away from our friends we found ourselves at Pops.

Sweet Pea held the door for me, "Why thank you" I  say to be held back by him to step in first. "You ass" I roll my eyes with a smile.

"I love your ass" Sweet Pea winks tossing his arm around my shoulders, walking us over to a booth. The diner was empty thankfully, Sweet Pea and I slip into our previous booth.

"Are you getting the usual?" I ask as Pop Tate walks over to us with a notepad in hand and menus in the other. Sweet Pea nods in response.

"Are you two ready to order or do you need a minute?" Pop asks handing us the menus.

"No, we're ready." I politely respond. "Can I get a water and some chicken tenders?"

"Of course, what can I get you son?" Pop takes my menu holding it underneath his arm.

"I'll take a vanilla milkshake and the classic burger." Sweet Pea hands the menu back.

"I'll be back with your orders." Pop walks off with a smile.

The bell above the door rings causing Sweet Pea to cliche his jaw. "Sweet Pea, what's wrong?" I ask reaching over for his hand across the table. A group of obnoxious football players walk in along with a familiar laugh. I turn around to see Reggie Mantle, Chuck Clayton, Moose Mason and Bethany.

"What the hell." I barely say above my breath. They all scattered into a booth across the room, Bethany sat next to Reggie with his arm draped around her shoulders. Chuck noticed us and a smirk appeared on his lips.

"I'll be back." Chuck says before walking over towards us. The others turned around to face where he was going, Bethany and I's eyes connect. "Well, well. Look what we got here, little Elyse."

Sweet Pea sat there with fists clenched, "What do you want Chuck." I barked wanting to end the conversation.

"I just wanted to walk over and say hi to my girl, is that too much to ask for." Chuck taunts completely ignoring Sweet Pea's existence.

Sweet Pea stands up hovering over him due to the height difference. "Your girl? I don't think so."

The smirk doesn't wipe of his face, "Indeed, let me tell you she's a feisty one." Chuck smirked.

Oh, boy. Why did he have to walk over here? I immediately stood up in between the boys. "I'm not your girl. Far from that actually, do you recall what happened the last time we talked or should I recap it?" I state shoving my finger into his chest.

"If I were you I would leave before it gets any uglier." Sweet Pea demands placing his hand on my waist pulling my back against his chest. "Talk to us again, you won't live to see another day."

"Is that a threat?" Chuck laughs in disbelief, the other two football players stood up walking towards us in defense.

"Actually a warning." Sweet Pea shoves me behind him. "Leave."

"You can do better than this thug, Elyse." Chuck chimes crossing his arms across his chest.

Sweet Pea had enough of the Northsiders calling them thugs. Sweet Pea swung knocking Chuck onto the floor. Chuck laid there with a busted nose, blood dripping. "Call us thugs on more time." Sweet Pea sneered.

The other two football players stood there in shook, unsure of what to do. Was the rumble going to repeat itself all over? Even after the black hood was caught.

"Let's go." Chuck states standing up walking out the diner with the two boys behind him, giving us one last glare he walked out. Bethany sat there in shock watching the scene unfold right in front of her eyes.

Sweet Pea huffs sitting back down in the booth, I sat across him taking his large hand into my small ones. "You didn't have to do that Sweets." I sigh stroking his red knuckles, I knew he was short tempered but I didn't think that short.

Pop Tate walks out carrying a tray with our food along with an ice pack. "Those boys don't know when to stop do they." Pop sighs disappointed.

"No, they don't." I sigh in frustration, I ruffle my hair back before picking up the ice pack. "Thank you Pops." I say as I place it on the furious boys knuckles who sat across me.

"Anytime dear, try to enjoy your meals kids." Pop spoke before walking away.

I walked over to his side of the booth and sat next to him resting my head on his shoulder. "Im only yours you got it? You don't need to go around knocking out people left to right even if they do call you names." I joke reaching over for his jaw, I turn him so he can face me.

"Im sorry." Sweet Pea mumbles not looking into my eyes, clearly still angry.

"It's okay." I say planting a small kiss on the corner of his lips, a sly smile appears on his face. "Now can we eat before our food gets cold? I'm starving."

Sweet Pea chuckles, "Anything for my girl."