↳ Chapter Thirteen

My eyes fluttered open to see a sleeping serpent. I couldn't help but smile at how adorable he was. It was like déjà vu, his lips parted as his long, dark hair covered his eyes. I gently brush his hair over to the side and planting a kiss on forehead.

I look around the room searching for my phone, where could it be? I gently get off the bed not wanting to wake up the boy who was sleeping beside me. In search of my hoodie I found laying on the ground. I hissed in pain as I bent down. Dang, I really am sore. I dig into its pockets to find my phone. I pull it out to discover a bunch of missed calls from my mom. Fuck.

I quickly get dressed back into yesterday's clothes as quiet as I can trying not to wake him up. I slip on my boots and walk over to the sleeping giant.

"Love you." I whisper before planting another kiss on his forehead.

I quickly dash out the door calling back my mother. She picks up the phone within the first ring, "Where the hell have you been young lady? I've been calling you all night!"

"I'm sorry Mom, I fell asleep at a friends house last night." I retort walking towards my fathers trailer.

"Don't lie to me. I know you were with that boyfriend of yours." My mother hisses through the phone. I froze not knowing what to say or do. "That's right, Bethany told me everything that happened at the diner."

I look back to see Sweet Pea's trailer not that far to walk back. "What did she tell you?" I question knowing Bethany might have switched the story around for her case.

"Doesn't matter, pack your bags. You're moving in with me." My mother demanded before ending the call.

Great, just fucking great. I walk over to my dads trailer which was a 10 minute walk away from Sweet Peas. I swing the door open to reveal my mother and Bethany sitting on the couch waiting for my arrival.

My mother stood up with Bethany by her side dropping a black duffle bag onto the coffee table, "I don't got all day, start packing."

"I'm not going anywhere." I cross my arms in defense. Bethany stood behind my mother with a smirk. "Wipe that look off your face."

"What look?" Bethany bats her eyelashes innocently as my mother faces her.

"Bethany, don't get me started." I roll my eyes in disgust.

"Look at how he's got you acting, you were never like this." My mother refers to my behavior.

"Who?" I question before realizing she meant Sweet Pea. "He has nothing to do with this."

"Oh really, then why are your grades dropping? Why are you hanging around with a bunch of serpents?" My mother continues, "A deal is a deal. You couldn't hold up your end of the margin."

"Trying taking advance courses for a day!" I grasp my hair. "You wouldn't last, why? Because you were a dropout!"

"Keep your tone down young lady." My mother rebuked walking towards me. "You're done seeing that boy."

"You can't do that!" I stammer backing away.

"Yes I can. From here on now, you can no long keep in touch with him." My mother declares snatching my phone away. "You can get this back once I'm done cleansing it."

In that moment I could've ran out that door and never look back, yet what good would've that done? In defeat my shoulders hung low as I grabbed the empty bag and walked towards my room.

-

"You're going to be sharing a room with Bethany." My mother declares as we walk into the Pembrooke.