↳ Chapter Seven

In fear I try to run, not daring to look up. "Elyse! Hey, hey everything's going to be okay!" A soothing voice cooed engulfing me into a hug.

"He's in there." I sob clinging onto his folds from his leather vest. "We have to go."

"Elyse, we're here now. Who's in there?" Sweet Pea caresses my cheek. Unsure of what to say, I keep quite. "Topaz, keep an eye on here."

Toni pulls me into a hug as I leave dry teardrops on her leather jacket. "It's going to be okay babe, Sweet Pea and Fogarty are checking it out."

"You don't understand he has a gun! It's the black hood." I beg looking towards the boys who were slowly creeping up the steps.

Sweet Pea pulled out a metal object from his jeans and slipped it onto his brass knuckles. Fangs stood behind him holding a small knife.

I can't let them go in, they're putting himself in danger

I can't let them go in, they're putting himself in danger. I rush over as he swings the door open with Toni right behind me.

The curtains flows out the window amongst the wind and there was no one in sight. The weary feelings still lingers in the air; it was dead silent.

"Stay right there," he orders "I mean it this time Elyse."

Sweet Pea and Fangs checked room by room to make sure the trailer was empty. "Cost is clear!" Sweet Pea announces putting away his brass knuckles. There was no one in sight, I wrap my arms around myself to feel my knees weaken.

The past is always with us, just waiting to mess up the present. Lurking in the dark, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Toni slightly catches me before I fall and walks me over to the couch. The two boys rush over and sat across us on the couch where the black hood was sitting at.

"Okay babygirl, I'm going to need you to tell me what's going on." Toni rubs my shoulder as I cover my face with my hands. I didn't respond, I didn't know how to. Moments of silence went by and Sweet Pea snapped.

"Elyse, how am I suppose to help you if you won't even speak!" Sweet Pea yells frustrated making me flinch.

"Sweet Pea!" Toni hisses at his direction, I look up to see him pacing in the middle of the small living room.

He takes a deep breath and stops in front of me, he crouches down placing his large palms on my knee. "I'm sorry, I just... don't like seeing you like this. I want to help you."

"We, want to help you." Toni adds placing her hand on my shoulder reassuring me.

I let deep breath out and glanced around the room to see worn out furniture. I didn't realize how beat up they were till now, most of the furniture we had gotten last minute with the cash we had.