↳ Chapter Four

I stare at the green neon sign of a snake hissing its red tongue out. I ruffle my hair making it messier before taking a few steps into the bar, within a few seconds my nostrils were filled with the smell of cigarettes and alcohol. Tonight was FP's retirement party at the Whyte Wyrm.

I enter to see the Whyte Wyrm loaded with Serpents from left to right, I've never seen this place this packed before. The few times I've been in here with Jughead it was nothing compared to this.

"Elyse? Over here!" Toni called from behind the bar, her pink strands of hair complimenting her skin tone.

"Hey!" I smile in relief that I've found someone I know. I make my way towards the bar and plop myself on the old, beaten up stool.

"Ready for tonight?" Toni asks as she pours a shot of tequila and hands it to me.

"Tonight?" I question holding the small glass to my eye level.

"Let loose for tonight, have fun! You never know what can happen." Toni shoots me a playful wink. I shrug my shoulders, she's right a few drinks wouldn't hurt. "Jones, you look nervous. Want a drink?" Toni speaks to the person behind me. I spin around to see Jughead.

"Hey, Jughead." I greet as I chug my first shot.

"Take it easy Elyse, I don't want to haul you home." Jughead teases, I roll my eyes as he speaks. "No. I'm good. I'm just getting a lay of the land."

Just then the one and only Betty and Alice Cooper walk in the bar, I swear my eyes almost popped out of my eyes. Betty dressed in her norm preppy clothes standing out like always, yet Alice wore dark grungy clothes blending right in.

I quickly turn around and face towards Toni mouthing 'Hide me', I knew she understood me. Yet, she continued drying the cups with the white towel with a smirk amongst her lips. If my mother ever found out I was at the Whyte Wyrm that would be the end of me.

"Wow, Betty." Jughead says astonished at the sight in front of him, "Mrs. Cooper. You look incredible."

"Tell me about it. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince this one to dress appropriately, Hog Eye, get me..." Alice shouts snapping her fingers towards the bartending next to Toni. "Tequila, straight up," Alice walks closer. Fuck, should I casually walk away or should I stay here and look away.

"Hold the worm." Hog Eye and Alice say in unison as if it was an everyday thing.

I swear, I've never felt this scared in my life. I heard my heart pounding as if I was filled up with energy drinks. I felt my legs carry me elsewhere and away from the scene. I found myself leaning against the wooden wall on the other side of the building watching the bar. Silently waiting till Mrs. Cooper left the bar, so I can get another drink.

Just then, Archie and Veronica walked on stage and gave each other one longing stare. The tension rises in the room, yet the song cued and the two sang a duet together. Andrews and his girlfriend performed Michael Andrews' and Gary Jules' Mad World. They both seemed out of it something was wrong, Veronica ran off stage, and Archie chased afterward.

After they abruptly exited the stage, the crowd began to "boo". A deep voice joined along earning my attention, "Boo!" Sweet Pea had joined in with everyone. Sweet Pea was now leaning against the wooden wall, next to me, wearing a jean jacket layered over a flannel and grey top, it was the same outfit he wore the day we hung out at pops.

"Hey Sweets, what have you been up too?" I ask gazing the crowd for Mrs. Cooper. Not getting a response, I worriedly glance up towards him to see his jaw tightened. "Sweet Pea?" I say placing my hand on his forearm.