↳ Chapter Twenty-Three

Sweet Pea storms off towards FP's trailer with the flyer in hand.

"Sweet Pea! Wait up," I shout quickly following behind. His long strides where no comparison to my short ones. With no response he continued walking, we were now approaching FP's trailer. Outside stood Jughead and Sheriff Keller having an intense argument.

Sweet Pea slows down and I'm finally standing next to him out of breath, "geez."

He quickly hushed me as Sheriff Keller begins to speak. Well damn.

"You have 14 days to vacate, then perhaps while you're packing-you might come across that head, clam the water a little." Sheriff Keller walks away leaving Jughead furious.

I step forward with Sweet Pea right behind me, "What head, Jughead? What's going on?"

"The Serpents are being accused of decapitating General Pickens statue." Jughead furiously explains, "They're using it as some trumped-up excuse to try and evict all of us!"

All of us? Crap, my dad.

"There has to be something we can do," Sweet Pea comments.

"I'll be right back," I quickly say before stepping away. They were too busy discussing what the next move was to even notice me leave.

I walk towards the trailer that stood across us, it seemed so empty. I look around to see my dads truck not in sight, he must be in Greendale. His yard tools were gone. Maybe he finally cleaned up?

I shake my head and walk up the creaking, wooden steps. It doesn't hurt to knock, right? I knock on the door and no response. Wait I have the key! I search my pockets and nothing. Of course, I mean why would I have a key now, it's been weeks since my mother dragged me out.

I try to look through the patterned glass on the door, yet it was no use. In defeat I looked around to see if anything has changed and nothing all. The small staircase was empty as usual, the only thing in site was the outdoor light hanging.

"The spare key!" I shout out loud in relief, I remember we hid it on the light above me. We placed it on the metal above it so no one could see it.

I jump to see if the key was still there and nothing was in sight only dust. I felt a frown find its way onto my face, did he hide the key somewhere else? I mean it was only him and I who knew where it was. Was it cause I left him without saying goodbye?

I checked on him weekly through text, yet received none back.

"I'll just call him," I say to myself. I pull out my phone from my jeans, and dialed his contact. I've never tried to reach him through a phone call considering he's always working or occupied.

His phone didn't even ring, I was greeted by a female, robotic voice. "The number you're tying to reach is no longer-."

I end the call before it can continue, what the hell is going on. I slip my phone back into my pocket and quickly ran off the steps. I looked into the nearest window. The white curtains inside covered most of it, yet you could still see a small section of the living room.

It was empty.

"What?" I felt my heart drop, this can't be right.

I peak again in a different angle to see more, and it was still empty.

"So he just packed up his things and left?" I shook my head not being able to comprehend this. He wouldn't just leave us like that, or would he?

In anger and confusion, I knock down the metal trash can and it lands onto the floor spilling all its contents.

I run my hand through my hair as my eyes swell up with a familiar coat. Don't cry Elyse, I place my hands on my hips and look up into the sky.

"Wooo! I'm okay," I nervously chuckle shaking my hands, "I'm okay."

"Elyse?" Jughead calls out from afar eyeing me oddly. Sweet Pea turns around to see me fidgeting and rushes towards me.

"Please, don't come any closer." My voice cracks with my back facing them. I sniff as I kept my eyes focused on the sky across me.

"Princess," Sweet Pea slowly approaches me and now stood across me. He takes my hands in his, "Look at me."

I shut my eyes not wanting to let the tears escape, I shake my head in denial. "Baby, please look at me."

I open my eyes to meet a pair of sincere brown ones, "How could he just leave me like that?" I whisper as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"Oh no," Sweet Pea immediately wraps his arms around me, engulfing me into a hug.

"I'm okay," I say as I rest my head against his chest. I quickly wipe the tear off my cheek.

Screw him, if he doesn't want to be found then so be it. I need to be there for my lover and friends.

"What's the next move?" I push away from his arms and look at the two boys who now stood across me.

Jughead raises a brow in confidence, "To find General Pickens head."