↳ Chapter Twenty-Two

"Sit down," I place a hand on each shoulder bringing him down to the couch. "Where's your first aid kit?"

"I'm fine babe, I'm not even bleeding."

"You're hand says otherwise, babe, " I refer to his bloody hand.

"Its not my blood," Sweet Pea casually shrugs his shoulders before falling back onto the cushions. "Come cuddle with me."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes with a toying smile, "I will once you tell me where your first aid kit is."

"Underneath the bathroom sink."

I pull out plastic box with bold, red letters that screamed 'First Aid Kit' from underneath the sink. It was filled with cleansing wipes, gauze pads, antibiotic ointment with pain relief, and much more. I walked back out with two packs of the antiseptic wipes, "Let me see your hand."

Sweet Pea obeyed giving me his bloody hand, "this may sting if you do have a cut."

Meanwhile, I felt his stare on me as I began to clean his bleeding wound, yet in this case it was to reveal no wound. "You see I told you princess."

I toss the bloody wipe onto the coffee table that I sat on, "won't you look at that."

"Anyway! Now that, that's over with, come here." Sweet Pea reaches for my hand pulling me onto him. Automatically, I place a leg on each side of his lap, straddling him. I rest my hands against his chest while he places his hands on my waist. We sat there in silence. It wasn't awkward nor peaceful, yet we both knew we had to talk about it.

"About today," I start off.

"I'm sorry," we both said in union causing us to share a laugh.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Stephen, I honestly had-" I spoke up before getting cut off.

"You don't need to apologize, we've never spoken about our past relationships..." Sweet Pea paused looking away, "I'm sorry I didn't come to the rescue sooner, I should've known something was off but I let the jealousy get the worst of me."

He hung his head in shame just like a little kid getting scowled at. I place two fingers underneath his chin to lift his gaze off the floor and onto my eyes.

"Look at me."

"I lost it when I saw his hands touched your body, only I can do that." Sweet Pea squeezes his grip on waist.

"Neither of us knew what was going to happen."

"I could have prevented it! I saw how he put his hands on you. I saw you two get into an heated argument, yet I didn't do anything till it was too late."

"No, no don't go there Sweet Pea. I'm glad you came when you did. I don't know what would've happened if you didn't..."

We remained silent till I noticed a scowl on his face, my eyes followed his. "This wouldn't have happened," Sweet Pea angrily grabs my hands and refers towards the bruises forming around my wrists.

My mouth hung in shock, I didn't even realize them. The bruises were slowly forming, Sweet Pea vigorously shook his head and stood up tossing me onto the couch.

"I'm going to kill him."

"Oh no, you're not." I chased after him, beating him to the door. "As pleasant as it sounds, I don't need you to be charged with murder."

"Elyse, move."

Who's that? I looked around the trailer to see who he was talking to because I know it ain't me.

"No." I firmly stand in place in front of the door.

"Look what he did to you! God, I'm going to-"

We're interrupted by a knock on the door. Sweet Pea and I remained silent, sharing an intense gaze before I stepped aside for him to open the door.

"There's no one," Sweet Pea steps out onto the stairs to see multiple serpents outside their homes with a flyer in hand. "What's going on?"

"Oh no," Sweet Pea turns around to see what I was pointing towards. An eviction notice was taped on the door.

"What the hell," Sweet Pea yanks the sheet off the door and his eyes begin scanning the flyer. Considering our height difference, the paper was above my head not allowing me to read it.

"Let me see!" I take the paper out of his hands to read it out loud, "You and the following residents of Sunnyside Trailer Park have a 14 day notice to evacuate this premises."