↳ Chapter Twenty

After yesterday events, I locked myself in Bethany's and I shared bedroom. Avoiding Stephen costed last nights dinner and my phone.

Have you ever eaten sleep for dinner?

If you haven't, trust me you'll wake up 10x hungrier.

It's now the next morning and it happens to be Pickens Day. Apparently it's to honor Riverdale's founding father, General Augustus Pickens. This is the first year Riverdale has hosted it as a town-wide event, its sponsored by Lodge Industries and Andrews Construction.

Now here we are. The table was filled with tension; Agustin and my mother sat on opposite ends of the table, while Bethany sat across from Stephen and I.

"I'm glad you're here to join us for this celebration," My mother spoke before taking a bite out of her pancakes.

"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Adams. I'm just glad Elyse finally came out her room, to share this delicious breakfast with us." Stephen shoots a smile towards my mother.

"For the hundredth time, you can call me Amanda."

I roll my eyes in annoyance, "And now you can leave."

"Change your little attitude," My mother scowls my direction, "I'm sorry about Elyse's behavior, as you can see the influence she was around before has drastically changed her."

"No need to apologize, Elyse will forever be the same girl I always fell in love with." Stephen's hand landed on my thigh bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Get your filthy hands off me, Stephen."

Stephen obeyed and removed his promiscuous claws off my thigh, "Oh, don't be like darling."

"Please don't call me that."

"Fine then, princess." I cringed as those words rolled off his tongue.

"Look at how cute those two are!" My mother gushed towards Agustin, who sat across the table. Bethany, on the other hand, choked on her pancakes from laughing.

"In deed they are," Agustin mumbled beneath his breath as he scrolled through his phone.

I shove my plate towards the center no longer hungry, "I'm done."

-

The leaves crunched with every step we took, we were now at Pickens park. It was filled with its own Riverdales folks. Families walk around curious as to see what each table was offering and kids running around with makeshift balloons.

I must admit it, this is one of the pros of living in a small town. It hosts town-events like this for everyone to come and have a good time. The park was nicely decorated; Balloons everywhere, tablecloths on every picnic table, a bounce house for the kids, popcorn machines and lastly party banners hung from tree to tree.

"Is Reggie coming, dear?" My mother asks Bethany as she checks her phone.

"He just got here! I'll be right back," Bethany quickly dismissed herself.

I scoff in annoyance, "You let her go with him, yet I can't see Sweet Pea?"

Stephen let out a hallow laugh, "Is that really his name or what?"

"That's really none of your business," I snark before diverting my attention back to my mother.

"Reggie is captain of the varsity football and basketball team, who isn't involved in any gang related stuff. Unlike him."

"Did you hit your head or something? Reggie is a drug dealer." I chuckle in amusement, "You literally have the most pathetic excuses."

"Why don't you go get me a drink?" My mother orders turning her back on me, "Stephen please keep an eye on her."