Chapter 8

Hot air evaporated out of the brewing coffee, lightly forming moisture on the side of my cheek. I pulled the mug into my hands and rested it on my head. Not even coffee was going to save my day today.

I woke up to Jess screaming on top of her lungs to remind me that today was the day. The day.

Ugh.

And to top it all off, I woke up with a severe head ache. Of course, what else could one expect to get after dumping countless glasses of vodka inside their gut.

"Young couple Skylar Summers and Ethan Parker kick start their new life getting wasted night before their reception." Jess scrolled down her phone. We are right now sitting in the living room, as Ethan checked the newspaper if any pictures of us ended up in the articles.

Apparently, few of our pictures together did end up, saying how we enjoyed the night with our many friends. There were also a few mentions of our reception and the enormous never ending guest list it had.

"I wasn't the one who was wasted.." Ethan mumbled as he ran his eyes over the newspaper before him while lazily taking a sip from his coffee.

"Young actress slashes her wrist, her husband accused of physical abuse." Jess said.

I rolled my eyes and lowered my coffee mug to take a sip from it. .

"Ethan Parker cancels his reception party due to lack of passion in his relationship." I said, raising my eyebrows at both of them.

"Skylar summer's life went downhill after getting married, her manager remained unemployed." Ethan spoke in a low tone, making Jess glare at him.

"I'm trying very hard to endure the pain of this headache with a stable state. Do not try to mess with-"

"Why drink at all?" Jess was now looking at me. "You know you can't handle alcohol in your body. Don't you remember what happened on your last birthday?"

"What happened?" Ethan frowned at Jess.

Jess looked at me. "Do you want me to tell him what happened?"

"No!" I yelled at her in horror. A sudden pain shoot through my head and I groaned. "I hate you guys, ugh."

I went to grab the left over tablets on the side of table but Ethan quickly took them away from my reach. I looked up at him with a glare. "What?"

"They aren't M&M's." He said. "You've already had so many of them."

Jess looked me and gave me a knowing look. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"He wants this reception party to happen at any cost." I mumbled and groaned.

I rested my head on the table.

"I'm feeling sick.." I said, and tapped my head against the table. "Can we postpone this, please?"

"No." Jess and Ethan said in unison.

I looked up at them with bewildered look. Are they really agreeing on the same thing? What has the world come down to?

"Is this stupid reception more important than my health?"

"The invitations have been sent." Jess said. "None of your tantrums are going to work now."

"Stacey called me in the morning." I said. "She's out of town and couldn't get any gown ready for the evening."

"Your husb-" Jess corrected herself. "I mean, the male species in this room already has a gown for you."

"I'm not going wear anything that he bought." I said.