Chapter 22

"Thanks for coming!"

Stella grinned at me and gave me a hug. I returned her gesture and watched as Ben looked at me with a scowl. I rose my eye brows in question. He shook his head. I scowled back at him and pushed him further to answer me. He gave in and gestured with his hand that he'll call me later. I nodded and let go of Stella.

"All of you guys are going to make it to the premiere on the 12th." I said, looking at all of my friends, "You know I wont accept any excuses."

"We're excited to see you on the screen again." Lucy said, giving me smile. "I'll be there."

"Get a date along with you." I winked at her and she just gave a frown.

"Do I need a date to get in?" She asked.

"Yes." I said. "All my friends do."

"You mean, us too?" Drake asked, pointing at himself and Zac.

"Yes, but you can't get to be gays for one night, if that's what you were planning."

Drake's face fell. "You take the fun out of everything.."

I shook my head and crouched down to face little Mila and Evie, "The invitation extends to you too."

"But.." Mila's face saddened, "We have a field trip that day.."

"Aw," I said, making a sad face. "How about this- I'll take you out to watch the movie with me on Monday, we can have fun."

"Isn't our movie a PG13?" Zac asked. "I don't think the kids are old enough for that.."

"No, we're big, Zac." Evie spoke. "We watched The Conjuring with daddy last night."

Lana gave Ben a glare. "How could you let your kids watch a horror film this soon? You know that horror movies don't have a great impact of kids."

"What, don't think they watched it themselves." Stella gave him a glare too. "He literally begged the girls to accompany him."

"What?" Kyle gave him an incredulous look. "You're crazy, man."

"Hey, shut up all of you and get out now. I'm exhausted." He said.

"Fine, fine, we're leaving, you don't have to kick us out." Jordan said, waving a good bye.

We bid our good byes and went to our cars. The drive back home was quiet. Ethan was quiet the entire evening. He didn't even try to speak to me after he heard Kyle and I speak. Why was he so mad? I thought that's what he wanted to hear from me. If he has an issue, he should be talking to me about it personally. He can't just ignore me like this.

I waited until we went home. Once I was sure that the door to our house was locked and the both of us were inside the bedroom, I broke the ice.

"What's the matter with you, Ethan? Why are you acting like?"

"Like what?" He asked, ignoring my comment and unbuttoning his shirt to change.

"You.. I don't know. You seemed distant." I said, clutching my hair in frustration.

"We were never close in the first place." He said and threw his shirt away. He went into his closet and came back with just one towel around his waist.

"Ethan, you're ignoring me." I accused him.

He gave me a tired look. "I'm exhausted, Skylar. I just want to shower and go to bed. Please let me take some rest. I have a long day tomorrow."

I stared at him for a few seconds before giving up. He sighed and walked into the washroom, closing the door with his feet. I shook my head and changed out of my clothes. My eyes lingered on that tattoo of his name on my back which I had when I was in high school. Although I had every reason to remove it, I couldn't get myself to do it in these years.