Chapter 19

"Switch the damn thing off!"

I groaned into the pillow and threw it over my ears. A dry chuckle came from beside me, that slightly shook the covers.

My ears quirked up when I heard my own voice playing on a speaker. I twisted my body and turned around, squinting my eyes open.

The sun rays flowed inside through the open windows, and the warmth filled my face. I rubbed my eyes and slowly got up on my elbows.

Ethan was sitting with his back resting against the head board, with a laptop on his thighs. He was sipping on the coffee whilst watching some interview on the screen.

My eyes widened when I saw my own face appear on the screen. It was the interview that I gave yesterday.

"Tell me about your honeymoon, Skylar. It looked like you had good fun."

"That's because it's so true." I chuckled. "I've always loved going to London. It's one of my favourite places. I totally love my husband for taking me there."

"Oh, did he plan it for you?"

"Yes. He surprised me. I didn't know about it at all. I could really love him for that."

"Well, you're seeming to have a lot of fun with your co-stars here."

I shut the screen in one instant and pulled the laptop away. Ethan looked up at me with mirth glistening in his eyes.

"If I had known you'd fall back in love with me if I took you to London, then I would have done it long ago, sweet heart."

I glared at him. "I didn't mean whatever I said last night."

"Interesting."

I gave him a flat look. "I only told so because the media was there and we have to act like normal couple."

"Are you sure that's the only reason? You mentioned that you're in love with me a couple of times." He smirked.

"I never told I'm in love with you." I said.

"Fine. If that makes you feel better." the ends of his lips twitched up to give me a teasing smirk.

I placed the laptop down and headed to the washroom. After freshening up, I came out and received a call from Jess, my manager.

"Yes, Jess. What's the guess about my mess?" I sang into the phone.

I heard her sigh. "Well, since I know you a lot better than the media, I can figure out that you were drunk last night when you gave that interview."

"Ah, you know me so well. Wait, why aren't you mad at me?"

"I'm a little mad at you right now." She said. "But it's okay since you gained thousands of instagram followers and your name is known to more than a million people now that it's displayed on every Hollywood website."

"Did I screw up that bad?" I groaned.

"You're more popular now. Congrats, Mrs.Parker."

"Shut up, Jess." I said. "You know I hate the fact that I'm known to people because of my surname and husband."

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, trust me." Jess said. "And, are you aware of the fact that you've got to go for filming today?"

"Yea." I said. "I'll meet you there?"

"Definitely." She said. "Don't be late and grumpy."

I clicked the phone off and rested on the wooden table. I sighed and leaned against the wall.