Chapter 9

Unedited.

The moon hung low in the sky, almost omitted by the clouds. The busy city was glistening under it, with the constant movement of the vehicles and the chirping of people by the foot path, to the impatient honks from the truck behind us, to my almost deaf chauffer for tonight.

Although the night sky seemed peaceful and enchanting, the whole experience was ruined by everything that was happening around me. To begin it all, I don't have a date for tonight.

Yes, no date for my own reception party.

My date, which is unfortunately my husband, told me that he'd be meeting me only near his office. Why? Because he has freaking meeting!

Not that I'm disappointed, but the presence of this merely young man with a very disturbing scar over his face, and a haunting aura around him with a permanent frown on his face makes the experience even more displeasing.

My instagram followers list rose up, just as the news of our marriage and reception went about. It was getting on my nerves to see everything Ethan say happen. I remember him mentioning about how this relationship is going to take my career to peaks. I don't know if he really intended to sound so rude but I guess his intentions of making me feel horrible are clearly showing.

I shook my head off the displeasing thoughts and worked on short term goals. Instantly, I picked my phone up and searched for the contact named 'asshole'.

Yes, that's exactly what his contact number was saved in my phone back in high school too.

Planning anytime soon to
come down? We apparently
have a thousand guests waiting.

I'm in the lobby, sweet heart.
Don't try to outsmart me.

Why is that driver of yours
taking so long?

Well, you employed him.
What can I expect?

Touchè
Btw, did you leave your
hair open or not?

Nope. It was falling all
over my face. I have a
chignon now.

Damn.
I told you not to wear
a bun didn't I?

It's a chignon.

Whatever.
Fuck, take it off before
I see it.

Like the hell I will.

I smirked and turned my phone off. My phone kept buzzing with his texts until we reached his office. By the time I looked out of the windows, an angry Ethan got inside the car.

He looked at me with with pure irritation and a disappointing look on his face. He didn't really have to make me feel ultra ugly. I'm already feeling like a giant fish in this dress.

"Pull your hair down, Skylar." He said in a cold voice.

"What, no. I spent two hours to get this down properly. I'm not just going to-"

"You know I hate it when you don't leave your hair open." He cut me off.

I shrugged. "Well, I don't remember. I forgot most of the stuff about you after our break up."