Chapter 15

Skylar's POV

I kneeled down beside the wooden chair that I just fell off. The duct tape over my mouth was almost choking the hell out of me. I moved my hand back and tried to head over to the blade that was placed across from me.
My hands were tied behind me, with my legs right below them as I'm now kneeling. Suddenly, the door cracked open and he entered inside. My eyes widened a bit before I stumbled back.

His boots tapping the floor beneath, making slow steps toward me. He crouched down before plucking the duct tape off my mouth.

"How's my girl doing?" He asked, a crooked smile forming across his face.
I looked back at the man and cringed at his face. "Doing better than your daughter."

Luke stared at me angrily. I left the hotel room early this morning only to find myself kidnapped by a bunch of business rivals of my husband's. Luke is Lindsey's father, who was supposedly having a deal of marrying his daughter off to Ethan. But Lindsey ran away right before the wedding before pitting me in her place.

Right then, I remembered his words away the altar.

I'll come for you.

I didn't pay heed to his warning back then because I already had so many this to worry about. Moreover, I thought Ethan took good care of him after the wedding. But nevertheless, he came back for me.

"For someone who's life is at stake, you do have a smart mouth." He said.

"What can I say? Those who fear death are already dead. Famous last words."

"Does your husband care about you going missing?" He asked.

"I don't know.." I shrugged. "Does your daughter care about you going behind the bars in a few hours?"

His anger ticked. "That confident about your husband?"

I gave him a tight smile. "Yes."

He got up and pulled the chair towards himself and sat down before me.

"Let's make him a call, shall we?" He said, giving me a wicked smile yet again.

***

Ethan's pov.

I got out of the hotel cellar when my phone rang in my pockets. I grabbed it from inside and took the call.

"Who's it?" I asked in a hurry.

"How are you doing, cousin?" Jake's voice rang in my ears. "Did the news reach you?"

I gritted my teeth in anger. "I'm not even surprised. How can you fall so low on your part?"

"Well, you got me arrested. Who puts their family behind the bars for some chick who's going to be in your life for the next twelve months?" He said.

"Skylar is my family. At least for the next twelve months. So dint you dare go there right now." I said.

He chuckled in response. "Well, you know you can't trust her completely. She did get me out of the jail."

I gripped the phone in anger. "And such ungrateful piece of shit you are."

He laughed again. "Ungrateful? What are you talking about, brother? I'm going to make sure to have her in safe hands."

"Yes, like being with you is the safest place she could be in." I said.

"Hold on there. Are you sure you're in your sense? Why do I feel like you're thinking she's with me?"

My jaw tightened. "It's not the time for games, Jake. I know you kidnapped her. What the hell do you want from me?"