Chapter 27

The morning felt oddly different.

Mainly because I could tell the difference in the mattress. Although I protested, Ethan said he wanted me to spend the night elsewhere. He said I'll be more comfortable that way. I couldn't deny that though, because it was really true.

Not that I was not happy or that I wad complaining because he took the right decision by bringing me to my house that he used to find small. Well, I did rub that point in his face every time I got the chance just so I could hear him apologise for it.

I dragged myself back to the present and rubbed my eyes in an attempt to lose the drowsiness. I squirmed between his arm draped over my body.

I tried to remove his hand off of my body but he me even closer to himself.
"Ugh, stop moving." He growled.

"Ethan, it's eight already. We got to get up." I said, trying to push his hand again.

"I don't care." He said, and didn't budge even a little. "We can wait for another half hour."

"I don't know Ethan, don't you think it's cramped in here? My apartment is already small.."

"Jesus, you're not going to let it go, are you?" He woke from his sleep.

I smiled. "Don't you have to go to office?"

"I do.." he mumbled. "Do you want to, though?"

"What? Go to the office? No, thanks."

"No, I mean.. do you want me to go? And leave you alone?" He asked.

"Not really.." I sighed. "But it's up to you. Just go if it's important. I can manage."

"I don't want you to manage." He said. "Tell me if you're really fine with it."

To be frank, I wasn't. I liked solitude but today is not that kind of day. I needed him to stay with me. Atleast for this one day until I get over it. But.. Ethan knows how me well. And he also knows that I don't want him to go.

Generally he'd drop everything and stay with me in the house. But he's asking me, which means he is still considering going there. If there isn't anything important or really in his interest that is stopping him from staying with me, he wouldn't have taken this long to decide. I don't think it's fair for me to take advantage of this.

I better think of something to let him go.

"Skylar?"

"I promised the girls that I'd take them to the movies today." I said quickly, leaving him no time to protest against it.

"Girls?"

"Mila and Evie? Stella's girls. I promised I'd take them out.."

"Oh.." he nodded. "Then in that case, you'll probably not need me."

"Yea.." I smiled.

"Good." He said, a slight hint of mirth glistening in his eyes. "How long do you have before you need to get ready?"

"I don't know. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, I better be quick." He smirked, and pulled me closer to kiss me.

Slowly, his hand went to the side of my shirt.

"What are you doing?"

"You don't know what I'm doing?" He asked with the similar smirk, as he got my shirt over my head.

"Ethan, now is not the time! I have to leave in another hour or so."

"I won't take that long, I promise." He said.