Chapter 4- Obsidian

Chapter 4

Ty's POV

By then it was lunch time. Many teens and kids were in line for their lunches, the rest were eating them and talking with their friends. Even though Ty was a general, he still had to eat with the other students, which is always awkward. But this time was different. Ty sat next to two nerdy kids, who were talking about brewing and studying all of the bug species. But next to one kid on the bench, was his lunch box. And the lunch box was moving around.

He stared at it, and something inside it shuffled around. He heard scattering of little feet inside the box, which for some reason made him suspicious. "Hey kid," he asked, curiosity pinned his voice, "uh.. what's in your lunch box? I saw something move in it." He looked at Ty nervously, his eyes darted to his friend and back to Ty. "It's uh.. Nothing. Nothing unusual of course haha." That made him even more suspicious. "Mind if I take a look? Just to make sure." Before he could protest, Ty took the lunch box and set it on the lunch table. "Hey! You need a search warrant for-" Ty unlocked the metal lid, and right when he opened it, something black shot out and launched right out at Ty. He cussed and tripped out of his chair, swatting the air startlingly. The black beetle fell to the ground, and you could hear a *clink* of some kind of ore. Before the other boy could do anything else, Ty smashed it quickly. The two boys gave out a pained groan. "That was a special specimen! We were keeping it a secret for Mr. Sorcerer!"

"That thing attacked me!" he said, still startled. "It's a bug! It couldn't of done anything."

He realized that everyone was staring at them now. His cheeks heatened from the embarrassment of being humiliated in public. "Okay, i'm sorry about that. It just startled me, thats all." He sat back down and sighed. But there was something unusual about that bug. It was much larger than any other bug i'd seen, and it was completely black, obsidian colored you could say. He ran a hand through his hair and shrugged it off. I guess I haven't seen bugs in a while.

After lunch Ty was going on another hunt with Sky, Aaron, Cheryl, and a new official named Diamond. Sky had his special butter sword that was proved unbreakable. Ty had his enchanted iron sword too. They set off outside the main gate to go fight mobs and collect as many string, arrows, and spider eyes as they could.  Sky and Ty went together, and the other three went together.

They went deep into the woods, fighting off skeletons and spiders. But for some reason they didn't see any zombies. But they didn't mind it and kept looking around for more mobs. Finally they reached a clearing where moonlight had shown through the tree's. "Do you see any?" He asked. I looked around at my surroundings, through the trees and all, and saw nothing. "Uh... No."

"Okay should we go back-"

At that moment, we heard a groan. Zombies. Then three. Then more growls. Then all at once, they started appearing through the tree's everywhere. They had surrounded us in a giant mass of rotten flesh. "Get ready Ty.." Sky was deep in concentration and determination. Ty took a deep breath, and together they charged at the mass. One by one, they cut through them, killing them off one by one, or two by two. They were both doing exceptionally well. He looked back at Sky when he heard a grunt and a thud. A zombie had Sky on the ground, his jaws were wildly looking to bite him. He saw other zombies also crowded around him. "Sky!" he yelled, and pushed a zombie backwards. He tackled the zombie that was on top of Sky, killing it with a neck blow.

He got back up, and slid in front of Sky, who was still on the ground, dazed. He held them off, sending them backwards, until he finally finished them all off, and the rest burned in the sunlight. He breathed hard, without looking back to Sky. His mind swam, and he fell to his knees, still catching his breath. "Oh god, Ty, you okay?" Sky was besides me in seconds. I fell forward, my hands on the ground, still holding me up. "Yeah.. Just... A little light headed..." He closed his eyes and kept fighting the dizziness, until it finally drifted away.  When he opened them, he blushed hard when he realized his head was on Sky's lap. He quickly sat up, his legs still felt a bit numb. "Can you walk home?"

Without talking, I nodded, and used my sword to haul myself up. I felt him lift my arm and swing it around his shoulder. My heart melted suddenly, and I didn't complain as he helped be back to camp. As we walked, there was just one more thing on my mind.

One of the zombies faces were covered in obsidian scales.

EXTRA CHAPTER FOR Y'ALL! ur welcome c:

=Rosie