Chapter 5- It begins

Setos POV

Word had gotten out about the black beetle, and now all the kids are hooked! We planned another expedition to find some more. Adam and I had spoken about the wolf infested with some kind of virus. I concluded that it only spread through animals and mobs, and decided it was safe enough, though I told the kids that if it strikes at them, kill it.

My class went out the door to find the bug out in the swamps. As a group, we decided to name the new species Endermites. (HAHA COPYRIGHT 2014)

We arrived at the swamps, the students paired up in groups of 3 and set off around the murky waters. After a while of watching the kids search, a group finally found one. "Mr. Sorcerer, I found one!"

I strode over to the group, a two girls and a boy. The boy was poking one of the glossy beetles. "Woah, amazing!" I took out a magnifying glass and inspected the beetle more closely. Block like patterns had spread over the exterior of the beetles shell, and went barely past the long legs. Suddenly, the bug had dissapeared from the magnifying glass. "Ahh!" the boy cried. He held out his hand, "it bit me!" he whined. The bug lay on the grass not far away from him. The boy was waving his hand and blowing on the place he was bit. "Let's get you to Nurse Marie. It'll be okay." (that was painful to write (_)

I walked the boy to the nurse, who was in the doctor's office filling out a clip board. "Hey, Nurse Marie, Mark was bitten by a bug we found in the woods. Do you think it's poisonous?" Nurse Marie flipped her red curly hair and came over to inspect the wound. She bent over and gently took Mark's hand, her forefinger sliding softly over the little bite. "This looks uh.. different." She looked confused, and a little pale. Mark looked nervous. I took a closer look at it with Nurse Marie. "You're right!" It looks bruised, and the little spot where the bite was spotted had turned black right on the inside. "I'll keep him in my office and check it out. But get those kids away from that bug for their safety." I nodded and quickly walked out of the room and back to the swamps.

Ty's POV
I was called into the Doctors room by Mrs. Marie that evening. "Can you grab the emergency medical supplies in the basement?" Oh god, the basement. Legend has it, a kid named Ross that went down there was critically injured when a hot pipe bursted onto his face. Two janitors found him lying on the floor dead, with half his face melted off. But when they looked closer, Ross came back alive and killed them. They say his ghost is still haunting the basement today. "Er... Yeah, of course, Nurse Marie." I took a deep breath and stepped out of the nurses office. It's just a legend, come on Ty.

He got his redstone lamp and opened the trapdoor that led down to the basement. "Damn....." he muttered. It was pitch black.

As precautions, he took a pipe down with him, in case he ran into any silverfish. Those pesky little things. He descended the ladders that bore down into the seemingly endless basement. It was like a long dark hallway, or a haunted hotel with iron doors. On the top of the iron doors was a sign that said were things like books or brewings were. He slowly walked through the hall, looking at each sign he passed. Finally he read the one that said, "Medical Supplies" that were obviously at the end of the hall.

He opened the door with the lever and stepped inside. It was cool, and there was a light switch next to him. He turned it on, and the light above flickered, and gave out a dim glow to the room, just enough to see what he had to get. He looked around, grabbing a First Aid Kit, some bandages, and... *SHIISSH*

He froze. That was the scything sound of a silver fish. But it had an odd edge to it. It's just a silver fish, for notch's sake.. he looked under the boxes and jumped back, startled. Under the box was a completely black silverfish, with glowing grey eyes. There were more SHIIISHHing sounds at that point. "Shit.." he muttered, and grabbed the supplies he found and high tailed it. He busted out the door, and bolted down the hallway. Behind him, he heard more and more of them, and one fell right on his shoulder. He lifted his pipe and banged it right onto the obsidian fish, and it fell right off. He kicked and hit all the silver fish that were in his way, until he finally saw the ladder. He jumped right onto it and climbed it as fast as they could, and before they could get up, he slammed the trap door shut. He still heard their ender like shhiithhing voices. He breathed hard and leaned against the wall. He had to get the supplies to Nurse Marie, and report this to Sky.

He got up and headed down to the doctors office, when he heard commotion, and banging. He approached the office, where Nurse Marie and a couple students were standing in front of the door, horrified. "What happened!" Ty exclaimed. "The boy.... he just.. he went insane! I was out the door one second, and right when I came him he tried to attack me, he was screaming! Luckily I got out and locked the door."

There was lots of banging and screeching on the other side of the door. "What's going on.." he muttered. A moment later Sky came running up. "What's going on here?" A moment later another ravaged roar answered his questions. "The kid went insane! I locked him inside for safety's sake!" Nurse Marie was very distressed at that point. "You did the right thing, it's fine now," Sky tried to calm her. "It's NOT alright! Listen to him!" It was difficult not to listen to his raging. He sounding like he was throwing thing's in there, when he heard the clattering of metal and wood. There was something odd in the quality of his voice. Something mob-like. Something enderlike. "Mark! It's the General! Please, we want to help you, tell us what's wrong!" Sky shouted through the door. The banging and yelling stopped. "Talk to us, please!" Still nothing.

"Did you grab the first aid kit?" Nurse Marie asked desperately. I nodded and handed it to her, and took it and set it on the floor, opening it's contents. "I have a tranquilizer in here. We will have to go in and inject it so he will calm down."

"Nurse Marie! Didn't you hear him? It's not safe!" Sky was trying to convince her to stay. "I will not let a recruit die like this. It's unacceptable." Nurse Marie fixed him with a desperate yet icy glare.  Sky didn't argue anymore.