Chapter 23- Captured and.. cured?

Hey guys, sorry for my absense heh.I'm going to rush them being captured a little bc i want to wrap this story up and get to the sequel bc i have a good feeling about it c: suuuu here y'all goo

btw its 3 am and my grammar might be rlly bad and yeah sorry bout that im tired but anxious to finish this lol ye ok here 

Chapter 23- Sky's POV

We had the whole trap set up. It's like one of those mystery movies, where there foot gets caught in the rope and i triggers the rope catching their foot and theyre suddenly upside down. But someone is going to pull the rope instead, because we couldn't just wait for one to come along, and we had to be careful on who we catch.

Brotato and I set out to find a smaller, less dangerous one to catch. We only had to go down the hall and down the steps, passing a patrol, until we found one that looked like it had been infected for some time. "So, how are we going to lure it to the trap?" Brotato whispered next to me. "We can either catch it's attention and run towards the trap.. Or you'll have to sacrifice yourself to it."

"WHAT?!" He yelled. The infected looked around in alarm. "Shh!" I whispered, but started chuckling at his startledness. The infected snarled and found us, its eyes glowed the brightest purple, particles emmitting from around him. "Run for the trap!" I shouted, and together we took off towards it. The infected roared in rage and followed in pursuit, almost faster than we were. "Hurry, almost there!" I gasped, starting to run out of breath. With the trap in sight, we ran around the rope, the infected not noticing and running straight forwards towards it.

Tug!

It cried out in fear as it was hoisted into the air and hung, clawing at nothing and screeching as if it were dying. "We caught it!" Tyler shouted in victory. Seto came out from his hiding spot and inspected what we captured. "Dont get to close, Seto" I warned as its claws swiped at us, its eyes wild with fear. "Let's get it into the cell before it escapes and rips us to pieces." 

TIME SKIP OF ALL NIGHTER SWAGGISH

It was a struggle but we somehow got the ender inside the cell without anyone getting hurt. "What first?" I inquired to Seto. "Something simple. Water bottle." He replied without looking up from his clipboard. He took it out, looking through the cell bars, where the creature was hiding in the dark corner, breathing heavily. (NO PUN INTENDED)

He threw it hard at the ground close to it, the contents spilling all over it. The ender let out a cry as the water singed and sizzled its obsidian skin. After a couple seconds it evaporated. "Hmm, okay. We'll try more quantities of water. But, we have a problem." He wrote something down on his clipboard and continued. "Were running out of water, so we need someone to get some more from the well. But of course, thats dangerous. Do you think you can do it for me?" 

"I'm pretty sure we can. I'll go get a team to grab some. How much do you think you need?" I knew the answer would be difficult. "At least 15" he said confidently. I sighed, tapping my chin with my finger. "I'll see what  I can do."

SO IM GOING TO DO A LOT SO THIS CHAPTER WILL BE FREKIN LONG K IF NOT THEN IM TOO LAZY TO FINISH 

I got a large team, including Jordan, Tyler, Corbin, Greyson, Erika, Aria, Acacia, an officer named Ash and 3 more recuits named Rose, Flurry, and Amber. "Here's the plan. Were going to do a protect the middle technique, where we have Jordan, Corbin, Greyson, Acacia, and Flurry  and I on the outside,protecting the people on the inside who will be gathering the water, who are Tyler, Aria, Rose, and Amber. You guys will be in the middle ready with the buckets to gather the water as quickly as possible. You will each have 3 water buckets to fill, in all thats 12 which will be enough. Got it?" 

They all nodded understanding and we got into our formation, Corbin on my left and Jordan on my right, Greyson and Acacia were protecting the sides and Flurry was keeping an eye on the back. The rest held their buckets, ready. The well was outside the main building, which may be the most active. The well could just be called the fountain, it being wide and round. We came to the hall on the way to the cafeteria, not encountering any infected. 

Then we reached the main building through the side door, which I peaked through before heading in. What I saw baffled me completely.

(if you dont like gore, skip this pls)

The dead were scattered about the building, the smell made my nose sting. I looked around and saw 2 infected roaming around aimlessly.  "We're going to have to sneak past. If they hear us, we fight. Hopefully this will be our only encounter." 

"How will we just "sneak past them?" It can't be as easy as that" Corbin butted in. "Just be as quiet as you can" I replied, slightly annoyed. 

We tip toed through the main building around the edge. Someones foot caught and they almost tripped, their feet making a squeaky noise against the floor. We froze in fear as the infected turned directly towards us. But it didn't move. It growled for about 5 seconds before turning back around and moving on. "Was it... blind?" Acacia whispered in shock. I shrugged and we moved on. We finally made it to the door and slipped out, where the well/fountain was. The water was slightly murky, but we couldn't do anything about it. The water gatherers quickly started to fill the buckets while the defenders stood guard. 

"All done?" I whispered. "Almost" Tyler replied, as the sounds of splashing water continued. "Why couldn't we just get the water from the commoners in the next room? It would save us the work" Corbin muttered. "Taking from the people who survived all of this is not right, they need that water to survive" Greyson hissed. "Well it would be worth it right? Too see if it is the cure to this madness?" he replied, slightly raising his voice. "It's too late now, Corbin. Pay attention to what were doing now" I interrupted. Corbin looked away in anger and embarassment. "Okay, done." Amber reported.

"Okay, good. Let's get going." We went passed the main building and down the hall. I suddenly stopped, when I heard the sound of chuckling. "Wait, stop!" The group stopped, holding their breath as we listened. More footsteps. I jumped in surprise as a figure came looming out from the room to the side, wings unfolding as it approached. As it neared, light shined down on it, and I saw it immediately for who it was.

"Well hello, Boys and girls!"

SO MUCH FOR RUSHING THROUGH THE CHAPTER, I WAS GOING TO DO SOMETHING ELSE BUT I FIGURED YOU SHOULD HAVE MORE ENDERLOX BC THATS WHAT THIS STORY IS ABOUT c:

Enjoy the chapter eeehh! again sorry if my language is terrible