Chapter 2

"What's wrong? Why are you all upset?" I ask as I step into the house and throw my bag onto the couch, heading to my worried parents.

My parents both looked at me, before shaking both their heads in disbelief. Both at the same time.

"Should we tell her about it?" My dad asks my mom. She she slowly nods her head, almost regretting her decision. She reaches for dad's hand and gently squeezes it. Giving him strength and a bit of courage.

My parents were always the perfect couple to my eyes. This was 'cause they were unique in every way. My dad is a werewolf while my mom is a human. My dad's mate was actually a human. This is the very first time that this has ever happened in the history of mating in the werewolf world.

And in all this, it makes me half human and half werewolf, so my wolf is not as strong as other wolves.

"Mom? Dad? Can anyone say something?" I ask and they turn to face me, both of them looking deep into my eyes. My soul.

"Alyssa, please take a seat first," mom says. I hadn't realised that I had been standing all this time. I take my seat and they look at me once more.

"You've heard about the recent rogue attacks that are happening in the city, right dear," my dad asked and I nodded in my head.

"Well, due to that reason the alpha has all the pack members to reassemble at the pack house. He explained that this is the only way he could protect the pack from future rogue attacks. So I'm afraid that we have to return to the pack house. As soon as possible,"

My heart shattered at this news.

"But why. This isn't an enough valid reason to return to that darn island," I said, my voice becoming louder.

"Alyssa honey, we've got no choice. It's still our home and we had to return some day, right?" Mom said and I fumed more at her words.

"I can't go back to that place, mom. The thought of going back hurts. That incident has left a deep wound inside of me mom, a wound that has barely been able to heal yet. Going there will just reopen everything," I plead.

All the memories, the pain and regret come flooding back into me again.

Mom comes to my sides and engulfs me into a hug, rubbing slow comforting circles on my back.

"Everything's gonna be alright, dear. I promise," she reassures me and I simply nod.

"What about the children, Mom? Who will take care of them? I can't leave them all alone with no one to look after them!" The dread feelinv of never seeing these children again is eating at me. I love the children so much. They're my own.

"We've already arranged for that dear. An orphanage has been opened near the pack house. So the children will be able to come along with Arielle," dad says and I exhale a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Fine, fine. We'll go. It's not like I have a say in anything," I mumble and huff, bring my hand to my forehead. I think I have a headache.

"We are leaving tomorrow. So I advice you to pack your bags tonight," dad instructs just as I am about to leave.

I enter my room and take out my phone from my pocket, desperately searching for Lucas' numbers.

A: hey

L: hey, Al. Missed me already ;)

A: it isn't the time to joke around, buddy. I'm in a huge dilemma here.

L: What's the problem

A: We need to leave for the island tomorrow

L: What! Why

A: Rogue attacks. The alpha thought it was a good idea to have the entire pack at the pack house. He thinks this could keep us safe from the rogue attacks in the city. I don't think it's a valid reason though...

L: that looks like a valid reason

A: so you're on their side then :(

L: No, Al. I just want you to be safe. Nothing more. But what about the children? Are they coming along with us?

A: Yeah, they are. It's alright. But you're coming whether you like it or not.

L: What! No way! Those wolves hate vampires. They gonna have my head if they see me there

A: don't worry about them. I'll protect you.

L: you sure?

A: yeah dufus. More than sure

L: sounds like a road trip then

A: yep. Gotta start packing. See ya 2morrow

L: goodnight, Al

A: goodnight, Lucas

I sigh and put my phone on the counter. I gran my suitcase and begin to throw my clothes into the bag.

I'm so thankful that Lucas is coming with me. Although the werewolves might kill him for the fact that he's a vampire.

I laugh at the thought and set my alarm and pack my clothes.

I'd never thought I would return so early. It's been six years since the incident and I still haven't gotten over the guilt.

I sigh as I slowly drift off to sleep, wondering what the Moon Goddess has in store for me.