Chapter 34

We both exit our room, going further down the hallway and down the stairs. Zander and I are engaged in a conversation, until the strong smell of feminine perfume hits my nose.

My head snaps towards the source, and I see Cass walking, or should I say skipping towards us, happily with a fake grin on her shiny glossed lips.

"Zander," her high pitched voice filled the air, as she stopped in front of us. She glared at me, before plastering a fake smile and turning to Zander.

"Where are you going, Zander?" She asked. Can she be anymore more nosey? Plus, she's totally pretending like I'm not here at all.

"Going for a date. With my mate. Why do you ask?" Zander says emphasising on the words mate and date. A snort escaped my lips, making Cass shoot daggers at me.

"I thought I could tag along. It's been a really long time since we hung out together. You don't make time for me these days," she cooed, grabbing his hand in hers. To which Zander pulled away.

"I think you should sit this on out, Cass. You don't want to be third wheeling around, right?" Zander persisted. Poor guy, however much he tried, Cass was stuck on him like a leech.

"Who cares, if I'm third wheeling. Besides, Alyssa won't mind if I tag along for a while. Do you, Alyssa?" She sneers at me, cocking her eyebrow with a smirk plastered on her lips.

"Of course not," I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes at her.

"See, Zander you dear mate over here doesn't mind."

"But, Cass," Zander stops speaking when Cass lays her index finger on her lips.

"No, Zander baby. I'm not taking no for an answer. I'm coming with you period." She says and smiles at him, grabbing his arm, holding it in her perfectly manicured fingers.

Zander baby? What the $#*#!

A low growl escapes my lips, as my wolf tried to surface. I resisted. I don't want to cause unintended drama.

Zander looks at me, a look of worry masking his features.

Sorry, love. I really don't know how to get rid of her. He mind linked. I squeezed his hand slightly.

It's alright, Zander. I've seen people like her in my life. They don't give up easily. Always so persistent. I mind link him back.

A sigh escapes his lips as he walks ahead, with me wrapped around his arm. And Cass tagging holding the other.

As we reach outside the pack house. A car has been parked outside, awaiting our return. As we reach the car, Zander opens for me the door.

I smile gracefully at him, but as soon as I was about to enter, Cass blocks my way, climbing in before I could. Um, there is a level to rudeness you know?

"Thanks, Zander baby. That was so sweet of you," she cooed and winked at him.

Zander rolled his eyes in annoyance. I could see he was becoming really furious. But he was giving his all to calm himself.

Cass sat right in the middle. She did that on purpose, so that she would be seated between Zander and I. Having Zander all to herself.

We seriously need to deal with her. My wolf said in my head.

For the first time, we have an understanding. I'm with you. I said back to my wolf. Cass has to stop interfering in mine and Zander's life sooner or later. What she's doing is really getting on my nerves.

I get in on one side, while Zander enters on the other side. Cass is seated between us, a sly smile carving her lips.

There's a driver sitting at the front. His back is faces to us, but it felt like I knew him or something.